PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite diaper cream w/cd's?

toomanystrollers
08-01-2003, 05:01 PM
I read it's not good to use diaper creams w/fish oil in it b/c of possible staining. I've noticed some light staining on Neve's cpf's from me using Balmex. What's your favorite and do you use cream w/every change or only w/ a rash?

-Pam

liya
08-01-2003, 05:26 PM
Nope no balmex allowed...no no no....;) CD ppl are usually pro aquaphor and natural diaper creams like burts and bees etc...Im just a cornstarch kindda gal since my babe has been doing so well on it, i quit using creams and went with the cornstach based powders talk free ofcourse...

Momof3Labs
08-01-2003, 05:42 PM
We use Aquaphor most of the time!

Kate888
08-01-2003, 08:07 PM
Yes, we like Aquaphor, too :) Plus Weleda and Burts Bees! They smell nice...

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

zen_bliss
08-01-2003, 11:07 PM
weleda & burt's bees! smell deeelicious & have the all important zinc oxide. pricey, but check the outlet on the burt's bees site from time to time for awesome baby bee discount packages. no, i don't apply at every change, but i don't wait for a rash either.... i'd say 2/3s of the time i use it.

parkersmama
08-01-2003, 11:22 PM
I like both Burts Bees and Aquaphor. Definitely watch the Burts Bees outlet if you're interested in it...I got some great deals there a few weeks ago. I love the scent of the BB and the Aquaphor is unscented.

I don't use diaper cream with every (or hardly any) change. After diapering 3 kids, I've learned to watch for the tell-tale signs of redness on the tush and that's when I start the cream. If you catch it early, it usually clears up very quickly. Another time that I use a cream is when the baby has loose stools or is teething. Those are times that I've learned that they are particularly prone to diaper rash. I don't think that using a cream at every diaper change will necessarily prevent a rash. What will help is changing diapers frequently and getting the poopy ones off ASAP.

heytootsy
08-02-2003, 10:13 AM
I also use weleda and burt's bees. Both work wonderful. I will say I have used balmex and never had a problem with staining!

MartiesMom2B
08-02-2003, 05:57 PM
Another Aquaphor user here. If you are nursing and use nursing pads, Curity pads have a sample of Aquaphor in them along with a dollar off coupon. One of the moms in my mommy group had a bunch of Aquaphor samples and I think I have enough samples to make one huge tub of the stuff.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

pimms
08-03-2003, 11:08 AM
The only concern I would have with using cornstarch is that it provides food for bacterial growth and may result in more stink in the pail and possible yeast growth. (I had been steered away from using it or talc for myself for those reasons.)

Does anyone use Aveeno? I got a big package of Aveeno baby products from Costco.

Thanks!
-Samantha

cilantromapuche
08-04-2003, 10:01 AM
i am scared to admit that even though i have burt's bees cream i mostly use bag balm. it works and i haven't seen any staining yet. (would the sun get the stains out if it does stain?) there isn't anything bad in bag balm is there?

egoldber
08-04-2003, 08:41 PM
I only use something if the area seems irritated. I mainly use Aquaphor. I have used Balmex before when all I could find was a sample, and it did not stain for me. How much are you using? (I guess it could also build up over time...) And I have read good things about A&D. And I have used Lansinoh in a pinch too with no trouble.

HTH,

parkersmama
08-05-2003, 08:33 AM
I love A&D and used it with Wesley. It works like magic on a diaper rash or redness. But I was under the impression that it didn't work well with Cds?

zydmom
08-22-2003, 01:59 AM
My pediatrician recommended something called "Triple Paste." I had to ask the pharmacist but they did have it. Very expensive, but worked fantastically and didn't leave greasy stains on the diaper.