PDA

View Full Version : WAHM fascination

lizamann
08-01-2003, 08:33 PM
Having recently discovered the whole WAHM phenomenon by lurking on these boards, I am fascinated by the whole culture. Does anyone know of any articles or books (?) documenting the history of WAHM businesses? I can't imagine that any of them existed before the internet was mainstream.

Just curious. I almost think someone should write a book or do a documentary about it if it hasn't been done!

thanks,
Beth

liya
08-01-2003, 10:04 PM
I was thinking of doing my thesis when i went back to school about it....it does sound like a very interesting investigation...at least for me after law school i plan to do a PhD in Marketing...

on pause for this year though :)

parkersmama
08-01-2003, 11:35 PM
There are several books on the subject. When I was hoping to find something to do to earn money from home, I bought a couple. I read these: The Stay-At-Home Mom's Guide to Making Money: How to Create the Business That's Right for You Using the Skills and Interests You Already Have; and Mompreneurs: A Mother's Practical Step-By-Step Guide to Work-At-Home Success. The authors of "Mompreneurs" also have a newer book out about online working from home.

lizamann
08-02-2003, 10:08 AM
Linda, where do you get your energy?!? Wow, you are a superwoman!

Beth

lizamann
08-02-2003, 10:09 AM
Thanks, I hope the bookstore has them so I can flip through them!
Beth

Kate888
08-02-2003, 10:12 AM
Interesting...I think I may do some reading... :) I LOVE WAHMs and I'm fascinated by how multi-talented they are! There're a few posts at MDC about the evolution of some WAHM business (such as FB, ME, Fuz Baby) and I alway enjoy reading them.

Here is an article about Lori of Fuz Baby at Diaper Pin.
http://www.diaperpin.com/btd/btd_fuzbaby.asp
You can find other interviews here. http://www.diaperpin.com/btd/behind_the_diapers.asp

It's not easy being a mom, a wife and everything else while making CDs at the same time. Guess that's why we see many of them choose to close or sell the business after a few years. Without them, CDing won't be the same :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

liya
08-02-2003, 11:11 AM
I want to be all that i can be..i believe god didnt give me a brain for me to waist it....I like to learn all that i want to learn sink in all the knowledge(book and life experience) i can get....I dont know ive always dreamed of going all the way, i guess thats what drives me...im the type of person who sets a goal and even if im 50 will do it...

Plus right now im a SAHM to Arian and catching up on next years cases...Heck i have nothing else to do while hes sleeping(except clean the house and i usually do that when hubbys home) might as well do something productive ;)...