PDA

View Full Version : FB question? - as long as it's not soiled can I use it again?

toomanystrollers
08-02-2003, 03:55 PM
We're starting to get the hang of cd'ing. So I just changed Neve, I yanked out the wet cpf out of her FB and my homemade fleece liner and replaced both but I'm still using the same FB. Is this ok? The FB will definitely hit the pail tonight.

TIA
Pam

Calmegja
08-02-2003, 04:33 PM
Nope... ;-)

There was a discussion about this on the Mothering board a few days ago, and it's not okay, because the urine still passes through the fleece of the FB, and is dirty from that point on. The point of the fleece is to help with keeping baby feeling dry, but it doesn't maintain its cleanliness after a pee. There was some joking going on that with the recent patent granted, that the language made it sound like you could just change the insert, but you're supposed to change the entire dipe at the change... The FB instructions say this as well, on the page with the washing info....

Can I ask a question? Why are you using a fleece liner in addition to the fuzzibunz? The fleece of the Fuzzibunz does the same job a liner would do...Does Neve have a sensitivity to the FB fleece?

I always use liners in dipes that don't already have fleece in them, but the FB rock because they already have it in place.... ;-)

Hope that helps! I love my Fuzzibunz....

toomanystrollers
08-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Well I'm learning every day!

I'm using my fleece inserts on my cpf's but then I threw one in on the FB to keep the pretty FB fleece clean :) Well now I know that doesn't make sense b/c I shouldn't be using them again!

Hey, is there a "CD's for Dummies" yet? Seems to be one on every other topic!

Thanks Jessica,
Pam

Calmegja
08-02-2003, 06:16 PM
I cannot tell you long the list of questions was that I had when I started. It was a wee bit overwhelming, but then you finally get most of the tricks down, and you start to feel like a pro. In a while, it'll be your turn to indoctrinate the newbies!

Then, someone inevitably comes up with a new wash routine, and you get flummoxed again..... ;-) ;-)

Glad I could help!

natividad
08-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Jessica, do you experience the red marks around your babe from the FB? I just bought some mediums FB for DS (the "new" model) and they are leaving awful red marks all around his tighs. They eventually go away, but they look SO red...sigh. I have tried to adjust the tighs, but then they leaked on DS at night. Any advice?

TIA,
Naty

Momof3Labs
08-03-2003, 08:28 AM
FBs just don't fit some babies right. We don't get red marks from FBs, but we do from Motherease Airflow covers (we didn't used to, but Colin grew some more). If your baby has bigger thighs, you might want to try Happy Heineys - those have reports of working better than FBs with chubby-thighed babies.

liya
08-03-2003, 10:45 AM
Same here awful red marks with the Airflow covers....sigh...even since he was tiny...Happy Heinys are great for cubby thighed babies but i didnt like that how the fleece in them washed....thats just me though...Also at www.ellasdiapers.com she makes great aplix pocket diapers at like 10.00 with an insert included...you cant beat that....Arian just is starting to play with the aplix and takes em off :(

At first we didnt like FBs and now we do they fit him best of all

Calmegja
08-04-2003, 09:26 AM
You know, my baby has skinny thighs, so the FB's don't leave red marks at all on him.

My daughter, who is 3, and weras them occasionally at night, has chubbier thighs, and they don't leave red marks on her, either, but I really think it's entirely dependent on build. I think ther are HH babies, and FB babies.... ;-)

I've heard that HH are cut better for chubbier thighed babies, but I've only used one HH, and I didn't like it, because the rise was too high for my babe, and it gaped.

My only suggestion, before trying anything else/spending more $, is to make sure that the fleece isn't repelling, by doing a strip wash. If the fleece is repelling at all, and you loosen the side snaps, you'll get leakage....

Hope that helps!