PDA

View Full Version : Help - Using Pampers & Poo squirts up back while in crib

713abc
08-07-2003, 11:32 AM
A regular occurance for us lately is that when I go in to feed DS during the night I pick him up and there is a huge poo stain on his back - it has squirted up the top of his Pampers. I'm not sure if I need to change diapers or what! I think I am closing it tight enough, I don't want to cut off his circulation.

His poo is very liquidy, so that is probably part of the problem. But I am getting very tired of changing his clothes in the middle of the night and doing extra laundry.

Any advice??

Mom to Max, 5/28/03

Momof3Labs
08-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Switch to cloth? Seriously, this was a huge problem for us and one of the reasons I changed to cloth diapers. I was sick of washing poop out of Colin's clothes!

Or, try going up a size in the Pampers. You could also try folding over the back of the diaper before putting it on him, but that never worked for us.

khakismom
08-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Oh no, not the trailing poo! :) We've all been there girlfriend! What you can try is tucking the back of the diaper flap in so that it's folded. That should hold in the poo--it provides a little barrier and keeps it in the dipe. This happened to me too quite a bit with DD #1 till I learned to tuck the flap in (a trick from my mom). I also put diaper covers (they're plastic pants from Gerber from BRU) over her diaper at nite. That way, I only have to change the dipe and not the outfit in the middle of the night. :) Good luck!!

Edited for typos

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen 6/4/03

egoldber
08-07-2003, 12:58 PM
When this happened to me, I knew it was time to go up a size. Pay no attention to the sizing on the packages, its only a guideline.

HTH,

cara1
08-07-2003, 01:23 PM
Agreed, either change brands (I converted to LUVS) or try going up a size.

Melanie
08-07-2003, 01:39 PM
We would size up when this happens, usually well before the stated weight-limit.

Rhonda36
08-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Definitely size up. I was using Huggies 1-2, that say up to 15 pounds, but at around 13 pounds I regularly had the poo up the back and all over clothes.

Or switch to cloth! I never blink an eye when I hear him go poo in cloth... in fact, he was sitting on my girlfriend's lap at lunch today (she wearing a beautiful pair of khaki colored linen pants), and she heard and felt him go... but no worries since he was in his Fuzzibunz!

Good luck,

Rhonda
mom to Spencer, 5/17/03

parkersmama
08-07-2003, 11:43 PM
Yuck! No advice really but lots of sympathy! I've always hated that and I have to admit that it doesn't happen now that I'm using cloth. For some reason disposables are really bad about that. I think going up a size will help some. Watch out...when he gets old enough for an exersaucer! We've always called it the "magic poop machine"!! LOL! Regular up the back blowouts when my little guys were using it. ;-)

hellokitty1
08-11-2003, 04:59 PM
gosh, i can find the answer to everything here! we are having runny poop and it is going down the back too. i will try to fold-in tuck tonight.

713abc
08-12-2003, 04:21 PM
Thank you all for the advice...we went up a size AND I've tried the fold over technique, but we are still having the same issue. I guess I will try another brand (we have been using Pampers Swaddlers and Baby Dry) and will try to find the plastic Gerber pants in the mean time to help too.

KMommie
08-13-2003, 11:54 AM
LOL! DD just got her exersaucer, and the first time in---YUP! Had to throw the fabric seat in the washer, and spray down the base! Good to know, since DD usually struggles with her bms, this just might do the trick... everyday a little time in the magic poop machine! :)

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

Rhonda36
08-13-2003, 05:09 PM
When I use disposables, I have more luck with Huggies than I do with Pampers... you might try switching brands. They all fit babies differently.

HTH,
Rhonda
mom to Spencer, 5/17/03