PDA

View Full Version : Funny diaper story

carolcarpenter
08-09-2003, 12:23 AM
My DS has been using cloth diapers since he was a few days old. The other day, I decided to use up the pack of size 1 disposables I had around before he outgrew them. That afternoon, when DH came home from work and was holding him, and without knowing about the diaper, he said, "I don't like the way Alex smells. What is it? He smells like... the hospital!"

I thought that was so funny that smelling like the hospital, rather than being clean and sterile, is actually bad! DH associated that weird kind of talc type smell of disposables with the couple of days Alex wore them in the hospital when he was born!!

I was glad DH had this experience too because it helps him support our use of cloth diapers, which he previously did not have much interest in either way.

p.s. Now I don't find it so funny because the smell is giving me a headache. I'm very sensitive to perfumes and stuff. I didn't realize that disposables (Pampers anyway) had such a strong smell...I guess it's the gel? Anyway, I'm too thrifty to throw them away, so I can't wait until they will be all used up!!

Melanie
08-09-2003, 01:03 AM
I donate mine to a crisis pregnancy center. They don't mind if the package is open.

parkersmama
08-09-2003, 03:24 PM
I use mine for times when my dd is in someone else's care such as in the church nursery or my mom is keeping her. It's easier for them and I don't have to deal with the stinky sposies!