PDA

View Full Version : Sanitizing CDs after vaccines?

MartiesMom2B
08-09-2003, 10:59 PM
I read somewhere that you should sanitize cds when your child has a vaccine. Is there a reason why?

Also I swear that I saw that line drying diapers in the sun will sanitize them. Is that true or am I going crazy?

Thanks, Martie's getting her next round of vaccines on Monday and am wondering if I should just put her in disposies all day, even though I want to show off the cloth diaper butt.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

liya
08-10-2003, 12:08 AM
Sanitizing......TTO and/or GSE and put them in the dryer and leave them for 10min extra after they are dry....Or just put em in the hot sizziling sun....lol

Kate888
08-10-2003, 10:34 AM
This is new info to me...I've never sanitized the diapers after Maya had a vaccine. But I routinely use tea tree oil (you can use grape seed extract if you don't like the smell) in the hot wash though. And yes, the sun will sanitize diapers, so sunning is another way to go.

But I wonder why sanitizing is needed after vaccination...anybody?

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

mommyj
08-10-2003, 12:26 PM
I remember reading something about this too. I think the reason you need to sanitize the dipes is because vaccines (or at least some of them) contain live viruses that can come out in the baby's poo. If I remember correctly, that's why it's especially important to handle dipes carefully & wash your hands really well if your baby is getting vaccinated for an illness for which you weren't.