PDA

View Full Version : Egads! I just placed my first cd order! What am I doing??

pritchettzoo
08-10-2003, 12:38 PM
I ordered 24 infant CPFs, 3 snappis, 12 size 0 kissaluvs (combo-6 all fleece and 6 fleece/terry basically because there were 2 kinds to choose from...), and a froggy print bummi wrap ('cause it was cute!) from naturalbabies.com. I'm going to order some proraps seconds tomorrow.

My DH thinks I have completely lost my mind but is humoring me. He likes the look of the kissaluvs but thinks the CPFs look like ancient torture devices...

Now I need a pail liner AND...

HELP!

Anna
#1(DD) EDD 9/10/03

egoldber
08-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Sounds like a good stash! When you need help, just let us know!

mommyj
08-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Have you thought about ordering any cloth wipes? IMHO they're much nicer than disposables, and if you're CDing, it's actually easier just to throw the wipes in the wash with the diapers. I ordered some really cute wipes from www.darlingdiapers.com.
The only other thing I can think of that you might want would be microfleece liners.
I think your stash looks good.

Rhonda36
08-10-2003, 08:16 PM
The froggy print bummis is super cute... I love it, and need to order it in a bigger size.

Honey, the fun is just beginning for you... welcome to your new addiction!

Rhonda
mom to Spencer, 5/17/03

KathyO
08-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Another item to consider, for later down the road, is those flushable paper liners that come in rolls, like slightly sturdier-than-usual toilet paper. When the baby gets into solids, the poops are much more solid, and you can just peel the liner out and drop it in the toilet and that's that. Great when DH is, um, a little poopaphobic. The liners that only get peed on can go through the wash with the diapers, and are generally good for a couple more uses.

But don't bother for a while yet - the poops are going to be glooshy for the first while, and the liners don't make nearly as much difference with those.

Cheers,

KathyO

Edited to add: oh, and I second the suggestion of cloth wipes. I use the commercial ones when we're "out and about", but at home I use baby washcloths as wipes, just moistened with water. Have saved a bundle, and since you're washing the dipes anyway, no extra trouble!

mamahill
08-10-2003, 09:48 PM
Hooray for you! My dh actually LIKES the CPFs, though at first he swore he'd never "get" them. I agree with the cloth wipes - I just went and bought a couple packs of cheap baby washcloths and use those, though online they may be cheaper.

What about fleece liners? Buy some fleece (I got mine at Wal-Mart -- though I swear it was my last time there, another story!) and cut them 3-4" by 12" or so. Wash them, and then put them on the dipes to help wick away wetness.

Also, I have 2 liners so that I can have one in the pail while they other one is being washed and hang drying since we go through a couple more dipes while the wash is being done.

Good luck! You'll be surprised at how fun this is!!