PDA

View Full Version : What to stuff in Fuzzi Bunz for a VERY HEAVY wetter???

MiaPia
08-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Hi all! First, I just have to say how very much I'm enjoying these wonderfully informative boards! I'm so glad I found this place and see so many other CDing Mammas!

I've cloth diapered my 20 month old son since birth, and am now CDing my 3 week old daughter as well. I've NEVER had problem with leakage no matter what system I was using (CPF with covers/AIOs/FB).
But the past couple of months my son has been soaking through a FB in an hour or two. He's *always* been a heavy wetter, but it's just gotten worse. I've resorted to using disposies at night, and he even pees through those a lot of times!

I'm getting SO frustrated! I love FBs, but can't stand having to change him every hour or risk having to change an entire outfit. I've tried so many combinations to stuff them with. I've tried: TWO Joey Bunz - a Joey Bunz with a CPF - a CPF and a microfiber terry towel (purchased at Walmart on the advice of someone on another board).
I'm at my wits end! I used to use just *one* Joey Bunz and not have to change him for 3 hours!

I should also add that I thought the issue might be a detergent buildup on my FB, so I followed the directions from the MOE website to "strip" the FB. It didn't help. He's been in larges for a few months now (he's 32" and around 28 lbs). I would HATE to have to go to another CDing system for him, since in his size I *only* have FBs, so it would take quite an investment. I also don't want to have to go to disposies full time.

Sorry for the novel, I'm just really frustrated and could use some help!

liya
08-11-2003, 10:57 AM
Have you tried the Nighly News Soakers from Little Lounging Lizards(the soakers not the prefolds) or the Mom and Me creations Prefolds...I can account for the NN ones and they are awsome..!!! Also have you tried the Baby Kicks Hemp Prefolds or Polar Babies Hemp Prefolds??? I like how these work more than the JBs with the fuzzi bunz.... www.diaperware.com has seconds(of the babyckiks) which has a thicker layer in the middle(i like them more than the first quality ones)...They are a bit smaller in size but for stuffing i use them with no problem...

HTH

Momof3Labs
08-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Two JBs isn't much - Colin soaks through that at night now. Have you tried three JBs? The M&MC Samuel's soakers are also a good idea - those things can hold the pee!

egoldber
08-11-2003, 01:04 PM
I had the same issue with my DD at about the same age. Previously I could use almost any diaper system with no leaks, but not any more. For us, it definitely correlated to her starting to drink a TON more water starting in the spring.

I switched from all Motherease fitteds to all hemp fitteds (Fireflies and Sugar Peas) and that helped some. I also sized up to toddler prefolds from premium and that has also helped. To be honest, I had to stop using cloth when we left the house for an extended time because NOTHING was holding her pee adequately without me having to change her constantly or else carry a suitcase full of diapers with me!

At night, I have successfully used Firefly Sleep Tights. These are a pretty miraculous diaper for us. Another nice thick hemp diaper I use for nighttime is a Cloud 9 Hemp Softie in the toddler size with one extra JoeyBunz. I have also used the PolarBabies hemp fleece prefolds at night and also the Mom and Me Creations, both the Samuels prefolds and the Samuels Soakers with good success.

But I have to say that her "pee machine" days seem to be slowing down. She has cut back on her water drinking and the peeing is slowing down. I could probably even go back to my Motherease at this point, but after investing in all these hemp fitteds, I feel obliged to use them! :)

Good luck!

mamahill
08-11-2003, 01:07 PM
LOL at the thought of you and Sarah walking down the street pulling a suitcase full of diapers... I don't know why, but I'm giggling...

srlarsen
08-11-2003, 02:12 PM
Oh, this was my exact problem! I had been using disposables at night for a year, but they weren't much better as far as leaking. I also vote for Nighty Newts by Little Lounging Lizards, except that I think they are out of stock right now, unfortunately. You can e-mail her and see when she'll be making more, I think it should be soon. They are hemp soakers or prefolds - I bought the soakers to go in my fuzzi bunz. They are not even completely saturated in the morning, even after 12 hours. They are very awesome.

I also tried to strip my fuzzi bunz without much luck, but I finally decided that they were gapping a bit at the legs. I have one fuzzi bunz out of about 15 that I finally found will work at night. I mainly use the fuzzi bunz during the day and have no problems, but at night they leak. Finally I bought 2 happy heinys and they seem to fit better at the legs. I save them for night time. Too bad yours are leaking during the day as well as night. Did you try stripping with Calgon water softener?

Good luck!
Stacie.

MiaPia
08-11-2003, 09:39 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I think since two of you mentioned them, I'll try the Nighty Newts soakers first! I'll also try stripping with the Calgon water softener - I hadn't heard that before! I just followed the directions on the Mother of Eden website using 3 washes and combinations of baking soda and vinegar!

Thanks again y'all!

JodiM
08-13-2003, 08:50 AM
Try hemp prefolds, they work good with kiddos that are super soakers.

When you get them, make sure to boil them for 15 minutes, then wash on hot... this will help remove the oil buildup that hemp has.

With your JB's, you might want to boil them as well, this will remove any build up from extra detergents, etc.

ALWAYS wash on hot immediately after boiling dipes, etc.. if you don't you can lock some of the oils/buildup back into the diaper.

HTH~ Jodi

MiaPia
08-13-2003, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the tips Jodi! I actually *have* boiled my JB, but I didn't wash them immediately after - just spun them out and dried them! I think I'll try that! Thanks!