PDA

View Full Version : Ready for the wipes what do i put on them??

liya
08-14-2003, 06:18 PM
What do you all mommys do...i found a couple of recepies that personally i dont like(i hate TTO smell and lavander smells really strong as well)...So what do you all use as a solution....Most importantly something that doesnt react on sensitive skinned babies....

Im ready for the cloth wipe conversion...YUPPIEEE!!!!

mama2be
08-14-2003, 06:21 PM
I'm wondering if a few drops of vegitable oil in water...and maybe some aloe would work well for you all...

I say vegitable oil because that is what the massage therapist used on Tristan...

mommyj
08-14-2003, 06:23 PM
This is probably boring but I just use plain water. I figure if I add anything, it's just one more thing that might irritate ds' skin.

liya
08-14-2003, 06:27 PM
hummmmm but will water take away the germs and stuff....i dunno....im just kindda weirded out with water alone....im new to the CW thing so i guess its just first time jitters....lol....oooh but sooo cool much like the first day CDing...lol i also have some BB Apricot oil i have no idea if it would be good though....

OOOOH NEVE A MASSAGE!!! Tell T to let me take his place one day ;)

egoldber
08-14-2003, 06:40 PM
I usually use a couple drops of TTO and water. But if I'm in a hurry, I often just use plain water.

HTH,

C99
08-14-2003, 07:53 PM
I used to use this complicated recipe of Apricot oil or lavender oil and handsoap (we use this stuff by Essential Oils), but now I often just use the EO handsoap and water or just plain water.

em_jon98
08-14-2003, 09:35 PM
Linda,
I'm not sure what Arian can handle...I put 3-5 squirts of baby bath in an old wipes box, fill it about 1/3 (or more, depending on how many wipes I'm making) of the way with warm water, and add a small amount of Burt's Bees Apricot Oil (sometimes I skip this if I'm feeling cheap, but it makes the wipes smell so heavenly :)!).

We have also used plain water when Lindsey has a bad rash. Just the act of wiping the bottom with something will wipe away bacteria, soap isn't always necessary.

liya
08-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Woohoo..thanks all i think i will give that heveanly smell a try and if not ill just use plain ol water...i got some BB stuff thats why im trying, but after its long gone...adios BB apricot....LOL

Melanie
08-15-2003, 02:40 AM
I use the wipe solution from www.bizzybhive.com b/c I figure it'd cost me way more to buy all of those ingredients! I use much much much less than the directions state, though.

Rhonda36
08-15-2003, 07:57 AM
I use TTO and sometimes lavender and sometimes a squirt of babywash. The BB apricot would be great and add a squirt of babywash if you feel you need some ooomph. Otherwise, just plain 'ole water really does do the trick. Weird, I know, but it does.

Yay! Welcome to wipes! My first favorite part of cloth diapering...

parkersmama
08-15-2003, 09:52 AM
I use an old wipes box with water, a squirt of J&J Head-to-toe baby wash (what we use on the boys), and a couple of drops of TTO. Lately, I've only been doing about 5 or 6 wipes in the solution at a time because we're using them less frequently (slowed down poop frequency). I try to change out the water every other day or so.

srlarsen
08-15-2003, 02:06 PM
Linda - I just wanted to add that you might want to consider using distilled water. Every time I try to use tap water, my wipes go bad and start smelling musty after a few days. I seem to have better luck when I use distilled water. In fact, I have given up on using cloth wipes several times because I get so disgusted with the musty smell!

I also just add some baby soap (California Baby is great, if you've never tried it) to my water (distilled!) and that seems to work well.

Good luck!
Stacie.

egoldber
08-15-2003, 02:14 PM
I would change the water more often. I tend to only have about a dozen wipes wet at a time. I re-fill the container every other day and that works well.

HTH,

Kate888
08-16-2003, 11:19 AM
I used to have complicated wipe solution recipes, but now I only use cold tap water with a squirt of Dr. Bronnor's Magic Soap. It works wonderfully and the wipe container isn't greasy like when I was using essencial oils. You can find Dr. Bronner's Pure-Castile Soaps in health food stores and one bottle lasts forever. They come in all different kinds of yummy smells too, like almond and lavender. Like Beth, I only put 12 wipes in the container at a time and change them daily so they stay fresh and clean.

HTH :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

liya
08-16-2003, 11:32 AM
where can i get it online...i dont think we have those here....waaaaaaaaaa!!!!! i swear i would love to have a private jet sometimes ;)

Kate888
08-16-2003, 11:46 AM
Just did a search on Yahoo, here is one:
http://www.good-earth.com/drbronners.html

Here is the Yahoo results (lots of them) :)
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=dr+bronner%27s+soap&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-top

The one I have is Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps 18-in-1 Hemp Almond Pure-Castile Soap. Whew, that's a long name. Just a tiny bit of the soap is enough.

Good luck!

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02