PDA

View Full Version : Joining the cult - please vet my shopping list !

nitaghei
08-15-2003, 11:11 AM
This is what I have sitting in my shopping cart at naturalbabies.com

2 Fuzzibunz
4 Hemparoo Joeybunz
6 CPFs
2 Kissaluvs
1 Prorap cover
1 Bummis cover
1 Bumkins AIO

I would have liked to get a Bumpy cover, but there doesn't seem to be any mediums instock. And I'm concerned whether the Prorap will fit my long, skinny baby. Any suggestions on another cover?

I also have ebay bids on some Little Lambs - 2 hemp fitted and 2 AIOs with hemp. I also have a bid on 2 Fuzzibunz, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose that auction.

The stuff from naturalbabies and the Little Lambs should be enough to get me through at least one day, right? I was planning on ordering the Motherease introductory package as well.

Edited to add:
I already have about 30 cloth wipes - mostly cheap washcloths, but also a few nice ones from Darling Diapers.

TIA for any feedback!

Nita

Zansu
08-15-2003, 01:57 PM
The Prowrap covers fit my long lean baby just fine, using a KL or a CPF.

The Bummis SWW(aplix) is getting a little snug with a KL, but still fine with a CPF.

HTH

nitaghei
08-15-2003, 02:07 PM
Thanks! Maybe I should just throw in another Prowrap into my order then. I really need to stop obsessing, and just place the order! :) Will 3 covers be enough? Right now I'm just planning on CD'g on the weekend. Daycare has said that cloth is okay. So if I think I can cope with the laundry, I might eventually switch to CD'g full time.

Nita

egoldber
08-15-2003, 02:13 PM
You may also want to try a Bumkins cover. They fit well (I think) on babies with skinny thighs.

But place that order! If you need more covers, you can always get more later. 3-4 is plenty to start with.

HTH,

nitaghei
08-15-2003, 02:25 PM
Okay (deep breath) - I did it!!! Placed my order, and added a Bumkins cover to the list, since the sampler already has a prorap cover.

Hopefully this won't turn out to be an expensive mistake.

Nita

egoldber
08-15-2003, 02:33 PM
It won't be that bad! :) You can always re-sell it on eBay or elsewhere and expect to get back around 50% of what you paid, PLUS the disposables you DIDN'T buy while you used cloth!

nitaghei
08-15-2003, 02:40 PM
I think I'm going to list some of my Tiffany's jewelery on Ebay to pay for the CDs :) It's not like I've worn it in a while - or am likely to wear it in the forseeable future.

Nita

lizajane
08-15-2003, 03:53 PM
i only use proraps on my tall tall baby. he has a skinny tummy, but some super delicious drumstick thighs.

don't worry, you'll love it! just give yourself a few days to get used to it, and then it is just "normal." dh and i both think it would be so weird to see ds in a disp. cloth is just how it is at our house!

Momof3Labs
08-15-2003, 04:04 PM
I know that it is a little late, but I find Proraps to be too big for Colin's skinny thighs. Bumpy covers, however, work great for him!

nitaghei
08-15-2003, 04:17 PM
My reluctance to get more proraps was based on a previous post of yours. Anyway, the only one I'll have is the one that's in the naturalbabies sampler. And I still have to find a Bumpy. Maybe next month . . . . I registered for the law school recruitment conference recently - which will be a huge item in this month's visa bill.

Nita

toomanystrollers
08-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the fun. I'm still a novice. There is definitely plenty of help to be found at this board, but who does the deprogramming for the cult once our kids are all potty-trained :)