PDA

View Full Version : Diaper rash cream

yhtking
08-17-2003, 11:27 PM
I thought you only use the cream when baby has diaper rash. Our nanny is using the cream every time she changes our DS. Is that okay? Or is that just a waste of the cream. Could someone help me please?

Thanks,
Mom to baby Tyler (6/6/3)

Karenn
08-18-2003, 12:37 AM
At a certain age (I *think* it might have been around 3 weeks, but I really don't remember) our ped. suggested using diaper cream at every change to prevent diaper rash. I did it for a while, and then forgot for a few times in a row. Since Colin didn't ever get a rash, I stopped doing it at every change. As he got older, and more prone to diaper rash, I started using it more regularly, but still not at every change. I don't think it hurts to use cream every time, and whether or not it helps, probably depends on your baby and how susceptible he is to rashes. And, just as an FYI, you can buy huge tubs of some creams at BRU and some drug stores. Those last much longer than the tubes and are more cost efficient.

HTH,

houseof3boys
08-18-2003, 09:39 AM
We use aquaphor or the Burts Bees diaper creme about twice a day and our DS has never had diaper rash. I am sure it wouldn't hurt to use it everytime as long as he is not sensitive to the cream you are using.

egoldber
08-18-2003, 12:21 PM
I only use it when my DD has a rash. Some people like to use it all the time as a barrier. But if your DS is not prone to rashes, its probably a waste of diaper cream.

HTH,