PDA

View Full Version : Kissaluvs and FB questions

trumansmom
08-18-2003, 12:18 AM
I think I've been putting the Kissaluvs on wrong. Would someone please explain to me the correct sequence of snapping? I basically just snap until it's tight and have lots of snaps leftover. I used to think I was fairly intelligent, but this sucker is getting the best of me.

Also, DS is a skinny little guy. We have the FB in a Large, but the waist is too big. I've been criss-crossing the top snaps to make it smaller and that seems to do just fine, but I'm wondering if I should just go with a different size. Is the waist smaller in the petite toddler?

By the way, I think I've made some headway with DS. I was cutting up fleece for liners the other day, and for some reason this seemed to make him really happy. Maybe it was because I only spent $1.50 on a remnant instead of buying them.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

lactationlady
08-18-2003, 10:19 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble with snaps! I never can get them quite right. I like the fitted diapers, but snaps on a squirming 10mo old are tough! I tend to stick with my cpf's because they are quicker and easier for me right now. Sorry I don't have any answers for you. :)

Mellanie
Mommy to
Ryan 11/16/99
Rachel 10/13/02

egoldber
08-18-2003, 12:20 PM
Well you snap one wing and then snap the other, overlapping the wings if necessary.

If it stays on and doesn't leak, you're doing it right! :)

parkersmama
08-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Kissaluvs has a pretty good photo gallery that'll show you how to snap them: http://www.kissaluvs.com/photos_diapers.htm Click on any picture to enlarge it. There are quite a few that show the snap configuration fairly close up. Basically like Beth said, snap on wing then the other. I always snap the wing with 3 snaps first. Amy Grace is still wearing the size 1 snapped pretty tightly so I have the wings overlapped. The 2nd wing snaps on top of the 1st wing. I believe that the size 2 work this way as well. HTH!

trumansmom
08-18-2003, 10:14 PM
Actually, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I had the stupid thing wrong side out. DUH!!! Can I blame it on early pregnancy hormones?

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

parkersmama
08-18-2003, 10:29 PM
You're not the first!! (If that makes you feel any better...lots here have had that problem!) Practically the only product in the world with the tag on the outside!

CONGRATS!!! That's wonderful news about your pregnancy!! :-)