PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk pajamas?

lactationlady
08-18-2003, 09:38 AM
My dd has just been wearing a pj top to bed ever since we started cd's because the pj bottoms won't fit on over her diaper.
This is not a problem now because it is so warm, but I'm wondering what we are going to do in the winter. I prefer the snug fitting cotton pajamas, like at baby gap but I know they aren't going to work unless we buy 2 sizes too big. The Carter's pj's are roomier, but I hate that polyester feel. What do your babies wear?

Mellanie
Mommy to
Ryan 11/16/99
Rachel 10/13/02

egoldber
08-18-2003, 11:36 AM
For two piece PJs, I usually size up one size. With one piece PJs (including babyGap), my DD can usually wear the "correct" size. One pieces tend to be more forgiving of nighttime diaper butt!

And I also only use 100% cotton PJs. I hate polyester PJs.

HTH,

parkersmama
08-18-2003, 05:53 PM
I've never dealt with CDs and pjs until the last month or so because I used disposables with my older kids. But, I've always used the 100% cotton jammies from Gap and Gymboree. I hate the polyester type, too! I always go up one or two sizes in the cotton pjs so they don't fit so tightly. I know it's for fire safety but I weighed all the factors and decided we weren't at too much risk for a fire (don't smoke, new home, etc.). Amy Grace is currently wearing 3-6 mos clothes from Gymboree but is wearing their 6-12 mos pjs. They are fairly large but do fit nicely over that big ole diaper butt! LOL!

Momof3Labs
08-18-2003, 08:13 PM
Mellanie, remind us how big Rachel is now? Weight and height? We use cotton onesies for summer, but will use cotton PJs from Baby Gap or Children's Place for fall (and fleece ones from the same places for winter). Colin is in a Baby Gap union suit tonight in the 12-18 month size (over a FB stuffed with two JBs) and he has some room to grow.

liya
08-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Yeah please say how big she is....Arian fits in his Footsy Sleepers perfectly...And in his size range too...i have not had to go up a size at all...Weird but true...When the clothes is getting to the end of the range(like now 3-6) i have to change to the next size inmediatly though even if i know that he could fit still but the rise just wont go because of the CD...but thats at the very end..and sometimes he even wears a M/L Nightly News with a wool cover(which isnt the trimmest thing around) and his PJs still fit.....

Another answer would be to go up a notch in the PJ bottoms that could work...

blnony
08-18-2003, 09:38 PM
I have a similar problem. I think I'm going to disposables at night just for Audrey's comfort sake. She is in 12-18 mo one piece footed sleepers and if I go up a size it will hang off her; I like that she can walk in these and I'm afraid she wouldn't be able to walk if I went to 18-24 mo. I use the gymboree and gap sleepers and really like them. A. can't use a blanket and she wakes up all night if the sleeper isn't footed (yes...this includes summer! :) ) with the air on I guess she gets chilli or something. Before we went to this size, I had some little footed sleepers from BRU and they were polyester feeling which didn't bother me or A. but now that these are so skinny fitting its just so bulky at night.

lactationlady
08-18-2003, 10:42 PM
Rachel is a big girl, which is part of the problem. At 10mos she weighs 22lbs and is 30inches long. The 12-18mo pjs are too tight over her cd's. I'm afraid the 24mo size will be too long for her, but I suppose I could get pj's without feet and put socks on her.

Mellanie
Mommy to
Ryan 11/16/99
Rachel 10/13/02