PDA

View Full Version : A question for those who don't like PUL...

MiaPia
08-18-2003, 11:17 AM
Since I'm new here, I've been really enjoying going back and reading a lot of older CDing posts. I've seen several posts where people mention not liking PUL, and I was just wondering why, and what you do prefer instead?

So far my favorite diapers have PUL - Fuzzi Bunz. I also like my CPFs with SWW covers, and have a few Bumpy day and night covers that I like.
I've tried wool covers - Aristocrat and Bumpy and wasn't too happy with them - the Aristocrat was too bulky, and the Bumpy didn't fit DS well at all.
So what else am I missing out on?

egoldber
08-18-2003, 12:19 PM
Some people prefer using natural fibers like wool. Some also prefer covers that are more breathable, like wool and fleece.

HTH,

mommyj
08-18-2003, 01:08 PM
I've had good luck with the Bummis Whipser pants, which are nylon. DS' skin isn't as irritated by these as it was by the Proraps and some other covers. The whisper pants fit him well and they're pretty trim. They work well with snappied CPFs and with fitteds.

liya
08-18-2003, 03:02 PM
Arent bummis nylon and i dont think the Bumpy is lined with PUL either???? I dont think they are PUL....I dont like PUL because of the breathability factor although i do like FBs alot!! i dont like PUL as covers....I actually let my son go coverless at home and when i go out use breathable fibers because the heat here is sooooooo bad....But i do use FBs for night and for outings sometimes i just tend to not use it as much...

C99
08-18-2003, 07:51 PM
I am not an Aristocrat fan either -- for much the same reason. In wool, I've also tried a Bizzy B Hive, a Stacinator and a Lambkin. I like the first two, but not so much the second. For night, the BBH wool cover is nice because Nate is in a diaper for 10-12 hours and I'd rather he have the natural fiber than than the PUL trapping everything in.

MiaPia
08-18-2003, 08:17 PM
I didn't know the Bummis SWW were made of nylon - learn something new every day! :)

I have been wanting to try the Stacinator wool cover - I've heard good things about those, and they do come in pretty colors.