PDA

View Full Version : Warning about Pampers Swaddlers (probably Cruisers too)

hellokitty1
08-20-2003, 03:23 PM
Just wanted to share my Pampers Swaddlers experience with you so you don't experience it yourself...

After trying a couple types of diapers, we now consistently use Pampers Swaddlers on DD because of the stretchy sides. We went through a package of regular Pampers-Dry but found the non-stretch sides pinch DD's thighs and as a result, she grew out of size 1 in Pampers-Dry long before she grew out of Swaddlers 1. During a double-coupon special DH and I bought a ton of Swaddlers 2 jumbo packs. The other day DH was changing her and asked why we stopped using the "stretchy sides" diapers. No knowing what he was talking about, I took a look at the diaper and realized that the entire package of Swaddlers did not have stretchy sides. I assumed this was a defective package and called Pampers about it. They told me that the stretchy sides were an improvement and I must have picked up an old package before there were stretchy sides. Apparently there is a small icon on the package that shows the stretchy sides feature. And my package did not have it.

Since it wasn't defective, all Pampers would do was send me a coupon. And we can't even use the diapers bc they won't fit snugly and I can't return it to the store bc it's already opened. I will have to go exchange all the old pre-stretch pacakges.

Anyway, just wanted to warn you that if you are purchasing Swaddlers, make sure you don't grab an old package and that your package indicates the stretchy sides. I had been buying diapers for over 3 months at this point and had never run into this so there was no way I would've known that stretchy sides were new.

billysmommy
08-20-2003, 09:08 PM
That happened to me too. I bought them at BRU and brought them back there and they let me exchange them for a new pack....no questions asked. I didn't even have a receipt.

MelissaTC
08-21-2003, 12:11 AM
This has happened to me as well. What is worse is I have had packages where they completely forgot a side tab all together! I had a pack with at least 3 diapers like this. I have been meaning to call Pampers. I guess I had better add that to my list of things to do tomorrow!

Marisa6826
08-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Happened to me too. I called them and they sent out coupons. In fact, I call them all the time and they always send me coupons. :)

You can return them and exchange them for the new ones at any "R Us" store without the receipt no questions asked.

As far as the open pack goes, chalk it up to a new learning experience. You can always leave them in the nursing room when you take the others back. I'm sure a lot of Mommies would appreciate a free dipe - stretchy or not.

-m

bnme
08-22-2003, 07:04 AM
Just wondering, what do you say when you call them? And what kind off coupons do you get?

I'll do almost anything for coupons!
:)