PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use a Little Squirt or Mini-Shower?

1stTimeMummytoLorelai
08-21-2003, 01:52 PM
We're gathering the last few things we need before DD's highly anticipated arrival in about a month or less and although DH is all for CDing our angel, he's not all for the idea of letting poop- even BF poop- just sit in the diaper pail until laundry time. He saw an ad for a sprayer you can attach to your toilet in my Mothering magazine and wants us to get one to spray down poopy diapers before they go in the pail.

I've found the Little Squirt a few places online and it's about $50 everywhere I've looked. But I also found a similar product at Katie's Kisses called the Mini-Shower for about $35.

Does anyone have one of these or any input/info on these or a similar product?

Thanks,
Kate
expecting our first tricycle motor on or about 22 Sept 03

blnony
08-21-2003, 02:44 PM
I have a mini-shower and I really like it. My DH even uses it. Before he wouldn't even look at a poopy diaper! :)
He installed it on our toliet and its worked great. Very easy, and non-messy. I got mine from Drytushies.com and had a great experience.

mommyj
08-21-2003, 04:51 PM
GET THE MINI-SHOWER!!!!!
We got ours a week or two after we brought ds home from the hospital and we're loving it. You can get even major poos out of the dipes right away so you don't need to worry about using stain removers, and you don't have to have a bunch of poopy dipes sitting in your pail. DS poos all the time, so this has been a life-saver for us.
I didn't think I could be so excited about a poo sprayer, but I am. I ordered mine directly from the company because they also sold a little thing to hang it on the side of your toilet. I'm not sure if the other sites also have that. Mine was $35 plus $5 for the holder. I thought it was kind of expensive until we started using it. I guarantee you it's worth every penny.
Okay...I'd better stop now before I start sounding like a poo-loving nutcase.

blnony
08-21-2003, 04:59 PM
Don't worry --- we are all poo nuts! :D
Mine came with the holder too, but I don't remember what I paid for. It was shipped from the company, but I ordered through an online retailer.
It really makes dipers easy.

liya
08-21-2003, 07:19 PM
MINI SHOWER!!!

mchasal
08-21-2003, 07:32 PM
Just to throw another idea at you, we got the [link:www.showerbaby.com|ShowerBaby] and we are delighted with it. It has the showerhead for cleaning the diapers, but also allows you to use it to clean the baby. We love the idea that the whole diaper changing process is in the bathroom instead of the bedroom. Its not a cheap item (about $250), but you don't need a changing table, which offsets the price, unless you already have a changing table. You can also use it for baths so you don't need a tub either.

Mike

C99
08-21-2003, 07:49 PM
You don't need a changing table anyway...

Since Nate is breastfed, I didn't bother with the mini-shower at first. Everything just comes out in the washer. I may start looking into one as his poops firm up with solids, but I don't know if you need one for those runny breastfed poops.

mommyj
08-21-2003, 11:41 PM
My little guy is breastfed too, but a few of my dipes per wash were getting stains until I got my mini-shower. Maybe it just depends on the baby...or am I eating something that makes ds' poo super potent? Hmmmm...

C99
08-22-2003, 09:21 PM
I get stains too, but (a) they sun out and (b) who cares? they're diapers!

emmasmama
08-25-2003, 06:23 AM
Mike, do you know what the weight/height limitations are on the Showerbaby? I didn't see it on their site. What a cool invention! Where did you buy yours? We were trying to figure out what to do in our bathroom since there is only a shower... so far I've been using the kitchen sink to bathe DD. We were even considering redoing the bathroom (since it needs it) and installing a tub, but this might work for us...

Laurie
mom to Emma 5/25/03

gravymommy3
08-25-2003, 11:49 AM
Kate,

email me at [email protected]

I have a mini shower thingy that I bought off the fsot board at diaperpin. DH never would install it for me and now Hayden won't let me put CDs on her at all. It was opened by the original owner but she just restapled the package. I paid $20 for it and would ship it for that if you are interested.

good luck

mchasal
08-25-2003, 12:08 PM
The weight limit is listed at 40 pounds. Don't think there is a height limit specified, but I think you'd hit the weight limit first. The platform is cantilevered from the back, so that is what limits the weight. If I have to I'll probably add some sort of support in the front if we run into the weight limit.

We ordered ours from http://www.ezdiapering.com/ only because they had a 90 day free return shipping satisfaction warranty. Even though they said it could take up to 4 weeks to arrive, we had ours in less than 1 week.

Mike

liya
08-25-2003, 12:45 PM
Hey Amy...Finally...Wow you dont come bearing good news huh...i guess Hayden preffered her pampers (?)

gravymommy3
08-25-2003, 03:03 PM
You would not believe it. I pull out a CD and she starts getting hysterical. Like I'm trying to put sandpaper on her or something. It is killing me. I am going to sit down next week and list all my stuff for sale. I am so bummed out (pardon the pun.) Oh well, what can you do???? The little stinker!

liya
08-25-2003, 03:45 PM
Oh no....im sooooo sorry sweety....maybe shes just taking after her brother...like wanting to imitate him and since he uses sposies maybe thats her way of saying i want to be using them like big bro...oh well what can you do...Good thing you get a ROI here......that way you can use the money you saved to buy the ones you need now....

masblooms
08-28-2003, 03:03 PM
Mike,

Do you dry the baby off, and dry the showerbaby off, and then put the new dipe on the babe there, or do you carry the washed baby somewhere else to rediaper and dress?

mchasal
08-29-2003, 12:58 PM
We use an adult washcloth to dry his front off, then lift his butt up, dry it and put the washcloth under him. Then we just put the new diaper on right there.

Most of the water runs off and the washcloth is enough to soak up any drops that are hanging out. Normally only the lower part beneath the foam pad gets wet during a change. If we give him a bath, shower actually, then we take him off the Showerbaby and dry him with a big towel.

Mike