PDA

View Full Version : Mother Ease Users and Comparison

Roseye
08-21-2003, 06:17 PM
I was wondering if any of you use Mother Ease diapers...either the one size or the sandys. Do you like them? How many do you have/use if this is your main diapering system?
How do they compare to the other brands I hear so much about, especially the "fuzzybuns"?

MelissaTC
08-21-2003, 07:24 PM
I loved our ME Sandys. They worked really well for DS. They were not a good nighttime dipe for us. At night, we use Fuzzi Buns with joey bunz inserts. Keeps DS nice and dry.

If you are interested in ME, order the intro offer from their website. They have good resale value so if you don't like it, you can always get most of your money back. Their covers are awesome as well :)

egoldber
08-21-2003, 07:41 PM
I have several Onesize and Sandies and I like them both. Overall, I prefer the Onesize since they are more trim, and in my opinion, almost as absorbant as the Sandies. They fit differently though, so one may fit your baby better than the other.

I used these and a dozen prefolds for many months as my main diapering system. Then my DD started drinking 50+ ounces of liquid a day and peeing like a fiend, and they were not absorbant enough for her. Since then, she has stopped peeing so much and I am pulling these out again as my favorites.

But in a nutshell, some people really like them and some don't.

You can't really compare these directly to a diaper like a FuzziBunz. The FBs are a "pocket" diaper and you need to add an insert because they have no absorbancy by themselves. People like FBs because they can customize the absorbancy to what they need.

HTH,

KathyO
08-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Hi -

I saw your post in "Blame Canada", but will answer here, so you have us and our opinions all together.

I got 30 of the Sandies (the factory is near me, so I just went and bought, rather than going with a package), and that was a good plenty, so that I didn't have to wash quite so frequently. They didn't fit really well until the baby was a few months old - if you start right away, their little chicken legs aren't filled in enough to prevent leg-hole leaks. I actually advocate disposables for the first few weeks anyway, while you reassemble the exploded fragments of your life into their new configuration, and get the new routines going well enough that you can add diaper laundry to the mix as well. Not that it's that hard, but spare brain cells will be at a premium in that first little while!

The Sandies worked well for me wetness-wise, but all babies are different, so give them both a good test-drive before committing the $$. If you feel they're not the diaper for you, folks here can make some great recommendations on other alternatives to try.

Even if you go the whole shot with both sizes of Sandies, you'll still save significantly over disposables. And (everyone, repeat the cloth-diapering mantra!) you can then sell them when you're done with them and recoup a significant part of your initial investment!! And yeah, I admit that the appearance of the Sandies appeals to me too. I love the little ruffles around the edges!

How do Sandies compare with other brands like Fuzzibunz? I'm afraid that I'm one of the more boring CDers here, and after a brief flirtation with a friend's homemade diapers, went with MotherEase and have never tried anything else, so I won't be much help. Meanwhile, though, other folks here have been exploring brave new worlds of cloth, and finding some awfully neat-sounding things along the way. Ask and they'll happily summarize their recommendations for you. I personally favour the "fitted" style of diaper because it's easy for husbands, babysitters and so on to learn, and the Sandies in particular have been very forgiving that way. My mom has put them on backwards, inside out, and inside out and backwards in her early efforts, and they still worked fine! But oh, there are so many options!

I hope all that helps. Welcome to the cult... whoops, I mean the club!!!

Cheers,

KathyO

So, you're due in November? Me too, with #2, on the 22nd! What day for you?

Melanie
08-22-2003, 12:15 AM
I had one of each and they were not absorbant enough for Ds. After peeing just once they were drenched to the waist WITH the doubler...for a super-peeing toddler, I would recommend a fitted diaper with hemp as the absorbant layers.