PDA

View Full Version : Got my very first fluffy mail!!!!!

nitaghei
08-22-2003, 09:23 AM
It's official - I am now a member of the CD cult!!! :)

The package for Naturalbabies.com arrived a couple of days ago, but I finally got to open it last night. Have to say - it was really exciting - even though DH is raining on my parade. Shall we just say he's not supportive of CDs?

I have a couple of questions:

1) Hemparoo JBs - I think I read earlier I could boil them for about 10 minutes before washing to increase absorbency?

2) CPFs: I got some infant 4x6x4 and some premium 4x8x4. DS is 7 months old. Should I start with the infant CPFs for the daytime? Also, am I correct in assuming that these bulk up after washing?

3) Kissaluvs - these seem astonishingly bulky. Maybe it's just a matter of perspective.

4) Colleen included a Bumkins (?) waterproof cover in my order. Not sure if this was a mistake, or a freebie. I certainly hadn't ordered it, and it isn't listed on the invoice. It's very thin, and I'm not sure how to use it. (Sorry, it's at home, and I'm at work - so I'm not sure if I even have the name right).

5) Is it okay to use Cheer Free to wash the CDs ? I really can't tolerate any fragrances (major migraine trigger).

I'm still waiting for the Little Lambs hemp fitted and AIOs. Hopefully they'll arrive today, so I can start washing, and start using the CDs this weekend!!

Nita

liya
08-22-2003, 10:24 AM
>
>1) Hemparoo JBs - I think I read earlier I could boil them
>for about 10 minutes before washing to increase absorbency?

Yes boil them for 10 min and then wash and wash and wash in hot water and a nice detergent like Tide(to help with the oils and to break it in)..And dry and dry and dry... :)
>
>2) CPFs: I got some infant 4x6x4 and some premium 4x8x4. DS
>is 7 months old. Should I start with the infant CPFs for the
>daytime? Also, am I correct in assuming that these bulk up
>after washing?

Wow...Arian doesnt fit in his infants whasoever and hes 6 months old..But you can trifold them and lay them in a cover or inside the FBs..Or any pocket diape for that matter....The premiums i think will be a tad bit too bulky for now..I think the best size CPF at this stage is the regular size 4x6x4 ones they have them in natural babies and also at smartiepants.com... Yes they will quilt up once you wash and wash and wash and dry and dry and dry...lol..If they are Unbleached CPFs then use a strong detergent like Tide to remove the oils easier and help those puppies break in...
>
>3) Kissaluvs - these seem astonishingly bulky. Maybe it's
>just a matter of perspective.

What size did you get?? Arian is still a size 1 in the tightest snap at 6months of age...And i dont find them bulky at all...They arent the trimest thing on this planet, not like a firefly, but they arent bulky either IMO...I had some sz 2s for Arian and they were huge...THOSE WERE BULKY!! but then i found out that he was a 1 still and hes almost 16.5pds...
>
>4) Colleen included a Bumkins (?) waterproof cover in my
>order. Not sure if this was a mistake, or a freebie. I
>certainly hadn't ordered it, and it isn't listed on the
>invoice. It's very thin, and I'm not sure how to use it.
>(Sorry, it's at home, and I'm at work - so I'm not sure if I
>even have the name right).

Ok yes the bumkins are very thin....Are you sure it wasnt a bumkins AIO that she included(did you get the sampler package?) the bumkins AIO has some cotton inside...If its the bumkins then you can use that for your CPFs....Just either twist,fold or lay inside the cover(bumkins is really good for lay in CPFs) and close it...Your done...
>
>5) Is it okay to use Cheer Free to wash the CDs ? I really
>can't tolerate any fragrances (major migraine trigger).

Ive heard that Cheer free is more like a natural soap and that it causes build up..Also ive experienced many problems with ALL free and clear...Have you tried Tide or Sun Free?? The problem with the free detergents is that they dont remove the oils as easily as the other regular detergents(this is for the intro wash)....The other problem is Free detergents have been known to cause build up....But heck, if your sensitive to other detergents then you should use *Free*..
>
>I'm still waiting for the Little Lambs hemp fitted and AIOs.
>Hopefully they'll arrive today, so I can start washing, and
>start using the CDs this weekend!!

YAYYYY!!!!HTH Good luck!!

nitaghei
08-22-2003, 12:53 PM
Linda,
Thanks. I'll try the Cheer Free first. If it doesn't seem to work, then I'll buy some Tide Free.

Yes, the waterproof cover is different from the AIO. There is a Bumkins AIO in the package, which is clearly identified. I'll post again when I get home to get another look at this cover.

The Kissaluvs are a size 1. I think I view them as bulky because of the fabric - a terry? Obviously, I haven't used them, and they may not look so bulky once DS is actually wearing them. Neel's a little bit older than Arian, but he's skinny, so I'll see how the fit is.

Nita

liya
08-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Check its a Bumkins or a Bummis...Yep might be...i like the cute booty the KL gives though its adorable..And really usefull when they are learning to crawl(like Arian) he flops and they catch him...;)