PDA

View Full Version : Targets Loving Touch diapers anyone?

SeekerMage
08-25-2003, 12:19 AM
Has anyone tried this brand of diapers before? THe baby bargins book gave them good reviews and I checked the diapers themselves and they seem pretty nice. We are planning on using Luvs like we did the short time Angela was in diapers and we never had a problem. However the smaller sizes are harder to find and the Target ones are redily available and cost pretty much the same price.
I would like to hear some first hand people if anyone is out there. Please let me know!

Melanie
08-25-2003, 03:28 AM
We used those when Ds was a small baby and loved them. We ended up switching to Pamper's Cruisers when he got chunky b/c they had the stretchy sides, but otherwise they were excellent.

AngelaS
08-25-2003, 06:24 AM
I use these occasionally with dd (wh's 15 months) and have never had a problem. They're not quite as absorbant as other brands, so at bedtime I put her in a pampers or Luvs. They also run a bit smaller than the name brand diapers so you may have to buy a size bigger.

nitaghei
08-25-2003, 08:53 AM
This is what we're using currently. I really like them. No problems with leaks, and they don't have that weird smell that Luvs and some of the other diapers do.

We started getting some night time leaks - but I just switched to the next size up, which fixed the problem. Their small sizes are really nice - I definitely preferred them to Huggies or Pampers.

HTH

Nita

Marisa6826
08-25-2003, 09:18 AM
I gave them a try when Sophie was brand new and had DISASTEROUS results.

Poop up to her shoulders and down to her knees!

I made Jonathan throw out almost an entire package because I didn't even want them in the house (a fit of hormones, perhaps?!) :)

We've been Pampers tried and true since then.

-m

erzzie
08-25-2003, 10:37 AM
We had Marisa's experience with them. I bought size 1 and we had constant blowouts. I gave almost an entire package away to a friend with a new baby. Like any other diaper, really depends on the shape of your kiddo. I have no idea why these were so much worse for us, but maybe they were just too small? I'd recommend buying a very small pack and giving them a shot. We did that with the Dribottoms at Walmart and I loved them. Cheap and had fewer blowouts than with any other brand.

Melinda

celfsh
08-25-2003, 11:33 AM
We also tried these with disastrous results. For the record, though, we never did find a brand of disposables that didn't result in a blowout with practically every diaper change. We use cloth now...

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

nohomama
08-25-2003, 11:40 AM
We used the Target brand dipes when Lola was young and loved them...especially when they were adorned with little target symbols rather than baby muppets. We never had a problem with blowouts or night time leaks and this was when Lola's father would feed her an 8 oz bottle of EBM before bed. Lola would wake up with a seriously large diaper in the morning but the diapers rarely leaked on us. I stopped using them when Lola stared scooting around on her butt because it caused the outer part of the dipe to pill up and shed which I didn't like. As for how they'll work for you, I think most folks will agree that it's all a matter of how they fit your babe. The better they fit your kid, the more pleased you'll be with their performance.

khakismom
08-25-2003, 11:46 AM
I've used these with both kids and they worked fine for us. However, as mentioned above, they do run smaller. I compared their size 1 to a Pampers Swaddler size 1 and you could see the difference in size. I actually found that the Target size 1 is the same size as the Pampers newborn size.

(I've tried just about every sposie brand under the sun--Pampers, Huggies, Luvs, White Cloud, Loving Touch, Drypers, Smiles, and Dri-Bottoms.)

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen 6/4/03

amp
08-25-2003, 01:38 PM
I agree with Kathleen. These run a little small. I liked the quality just fine, but we have much better luck with Pampers Swaddlers, because I LOVE the stretchy sides. We just couldn't use the Huggies, Loving Touch, White Cloud, etc. because they just didn't fit our son right. We did not have a problem with the quality or the look, but they tended fit poorly and sometimes leak for us. The have the fabric-type feel like the others I mentioned here, and they had the velcro tabs that DH prefers to the sticky tabs. If I did decide to go back to these, I think I would go up a size to see how those fit. And the price is pretty nice!

Melanie
08-25-2003, 02:53 PM
That's so funny, you look at a baby and they just all look the same, but they really are different-shaped, aren't they?

We went through Pampers, Huggies & White Cloud when Ds was a newborn, before finding Loving Touch fit perfect.