PDA

View Full Version : CPF Diapering Mamas!!!

liya
08-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Here i come......im keeping only some of my fitteds and turning in everything else..I have to make a huge FS list to get this stuff outta here...Hes just reacting toooo much to it...You all will need to help me through out this cause im really dumb when it comes to CPFs but today we have been in the bikini twist and the air flow and wool soakers and covers all day and nothing!!! Its bee going fine so ill be joining you all very soon.. i dont know how CPFs work when they start to crawl but i guess we will figure it all out...

Finally got a way to put them on him give him a colored CPF(to play with or a wool cover with colors) and hes happy!!! HURRAY!!

parkersmama
08-26-2003, 09:11 PM
Linda...I'm with you! I ordered some Bumpy covers a while back in medium and found they were way too large for my CPFs! I've been using pretty much fitteds only and really started missing my CPFs. I finally broke down and ordered a few Bumpys in size small and now I'm a happy camper, uh, diaperer, again! The smalls are pretty tight over some of my fitteds but they are great with my infant CPFs.

liya
08-26-2003, 10:15 PM
AHUM...you know the best thing about it.... YOU CAN BUY AS MANY WOOL COVERS AS YOU LIKE!!!!!! Cause with all the money you will save you can splurge on 1 cover....YUPPIEEE!!!! CPFs, procion dyes and wool here i come!!!

Ok im totally looney, im going crazy over a diaper....Figures put me in the looney bin now....

lizajane
08-26-2003, 10:16 PM
go for it, baby!

the snappi might help keep the cpf in place when he crawls... hmmm... i wonder.

we use a snappi sometimes just to get a nice snug fit. and other times because i like to let him roll around on the floor cover free.

liya
08-26-2003, 11:25 PM
Thank you Liza *tears* you and all the CPF mommys here are my inspiration...I CAN DO IT!!! :)

sugarsnappea
08-27-2003, 08:03 AM
You can do it! It is a lot easier than you think. Welcome to the dark side! :)

toomanystrollers
08-27-2003, 08:54 AM
Maybe like "casual Fridays", we can start a cpf only day? Or Woolie Wednesdays? Show our support for Linda :)
Sorry you have to let go of your hemp dipes!

lizajane
08-27-2003, 09:19 AM
i went to a party last night and mentioned that i make my own organic baby food and use cds... a few people gave me the ol' "i USED to be like you... crap."

i should have said, "well, i make my choices based on what is best for my child, not on what sounds cool to me at the moment. so i plan to STICK with what is best for my child, even if you couldn't hack it!"

I BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF CLOTH!!! I AM NOT A QUITTER!!! plus, i really like it. it makes me happy to cd. it makes me smile. it brings me joy.

(note: not that i think you are a loser if you do quit, 'cause whatever works for you. i just get tired of people assuming that i am some silly idealist you WILL quit.)

celfsh
08-27-2003, 11:40 AM
YOU CAN DO IT, Linda! :)

While we use a variety of different diapes around here, CPFs are the main work horse of our stash. I know trifolding the diaper and laying it in a wrap doesn't work for everybody, but it's worked great for us...soooo easy! In fact, CPFs are actually our most fool-proof system. We have even gotten the hang of the snappi, if you can believe that! Oh, and as far as the crawling thing goes, DD is a very "busy" baby, and we never have any problems with the diaper drooping or falling off, no matter if we trifold or snappi it.

Good luck and keep us posted!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

Melanie
08-27-2003, 12:33 PM
>i went to a party last night and mentioned that i make my own
>organic baby food and use cds... a few people gave me the ol'
>"i USED to be like you... crap."

I hate that! I get that a lot, "Well, I was like that with my first, but once you have more you'll change..." I sure hope I don't care less for my subsequent children!

parkersmama
08-27-2003, 01:37 PM
You certainly WON'T care less for your subsequent children! If it helps any, tell them that you have at least two friends (me & Amy) who switched to CDs with their THIRD child!! I love CDing and so much wish I'd had the guts to do it with the first two. :-)

lactationlady
08-27-2003, 08:04 PM
I love my CPF's! I use them more than the fitteds. My dd is 10mos & is crawling all over and pulling up on furniture, etc. We have had no problem with the cpf's shifting or drooping. Most of the time I don't even use a snappi. I either trifold and lay it in the cover (usually Bummis SWW) or I use the angelfold or bikini twist and just pull it around her tummy. No leaks, no problems. Have fun buying new diapers! :)

lizamann
08-28-2003, 08:08 AM
I love cpf's (from diaper service) but I just have to figure how to get my husband to make sure there's no diaper sticking out if the cover! Woke with a wet onesie today...
I don't want to nag and hover, but I have explained it to him a few times and he still doesn't do it. He can't do laundry without ruinin things either. Oh well.

liya
08-28-2003, 11:31 AM
lets just say...atleast he tries momma..!! I used to get pissed at Hubby for this also, but now that i see the big picture and so many daddys that dont even touch a CD or laundry then i just say At least he tries...:)

lizamann
08-28-2003, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I am thankful that he does try. He also really likes dressing her and buying her really clothes, so I'm thankful for that too!

Beth