PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! questions about fitteds

mommyj
08-27-2003, 09:44 PM
I'm editing this post b/c I realized the replies I've gotten were more helpful than the original questions I posted. So, I'm looking for more opinions on which fitteds to try for Dylan. Here are the brands I'm considering:

Kissaluvs size 1

Sugarpeas

Sam's fitteds

Fireflies

Growing greens
I would appreciate any comments you have about any of them.
Also, what's your favorite fitted?

I'm hoping to get some Sam's fitteds b/c of the snap issue but I'm not sure I can. I'm also wondering if it's better to get a cheaper fitted so I can buy more. Are the more expensive ones really that much better than Kissaluvs or ME? TIA!!!

egoldber
08-27-2003, 09:54 PM
With CDs, it's all about the shape of YOUR baby and how a particular diaper fits YOUR baby. I have seen the same diapers decribed by one person as trim and another person as bulky. And also, every baby pees differently, so what is absorbant enough for one person may not work for you.

I have not tried the Sam's fitteds, but I have tried Kissaluvs, ME, SugarPeas, Growing Greens and Fireflies. Of those, I think the Fireflies are the most absorbant. They are also, however, fairly unforgiving in terms of the thigh measurement. They also only come in Small and Large and many people complain that the Large is too large but the Small is too small. Something like SugarPeas or Kissaluvs have much more overlap in sizing.

The Growing Greens are VERY trim. But I think they are NOT a true Onesize diaper and they are not very absorbant, in my experience, for the $$.

Overall, MY favorite fitted (today, August 27), is the Motherease Onesize. When I look at many factors together: price, durability, availability, absorbancy, longevity, I think they are a fantastic fitted. If I had to pick a second fav, It would probably be the SugarPeas.

I didn't really answer your question, but I hope this helps.

erzzie
08-27-2003, 10:04 PM
I totally agree with Beth. We've only tried Fireflies and Sugar Peas from your list, but it's majorly something you have to just check on your baby. I've heard tons of people say Fireflies are not bulky, then saw someone recently post that they couldn't stand how bulky their Firefly was for nighttime. For my big bellied girl, the Firefly was just way to big in the thigh. Bulk wise, it was very close to the Sugar Peas if you use the larger rise setting.

If I did it all over again, I think I'd try out fewer diapers. I'd start with the least expensive one I thought I might like and see if it was good enough. I could have been very happy with the first diaper I got. Actually, maybe I should have just gotten prefolds and wraps first, and tried to talk myself out of fitteds altogether!!!

Either way, it's been tons of fun and I can't tell you how much wisdom is on this board. I've really dug through the archives and there's great stuff in there!

Thanks everybody!
Melinda

liya
08-27-2003, 10:09 PM
Just a tip on the Growing Greens, now they have a longer rise..in hopes of making them a true OS..If your going to get these anywhere..ask the WAHM to give you some of the new batch....Growing Greens are very trim, but absorbancy wise i didnt like them...I dont think they are worth the money either..I dont know why, they really should be as absorbant as the SPs but they arent...

SPs didnt fit trim on Arian at all..they kindda fit like the Sam Fitteds...I loved the comfort of the Sam Fitteds(these are very yummy) but they didnt absorb a great deal..At leas in our case some may dissagree...

Fireflys...I didnt like how the small was too small and the large was too large....

Kissaluvs...i just like the under belly button fit of these...They dont absorb a great deal and even though i think they are somewhat bulkier thick wise in terms of the others listed i like them alot..

ME OS...I just got another one of these and they are working fine now for us..I guess it was the fact that Arian was a frequent pee machine.....But i agree with Beth the fit is different for every child and you should at least get the ones that you think fit best on your child...

HTH

toomanystrollers
08-28-2003, 06:50 AM
I'll cast my vote for Liz's Cloth hemp fitted. They fit my dd great. I do have two firefly sleep tight & one quick dry and the smalls are snug on my dd already so I'm not sure if it was worth the $$. Instead of the fireflys, I think I'll stick with hemp soakers and prefolds. I love my nighty newts. I'm waiting to get a hold of some samuel's soakers to try out as well.

HTH

blnony
08-28-2003, 08:11 AM
I haven't tried Kissaluvs, I love Sugar Peas, I love Sam's fitteds, the Fireflies didn't work for us because the legs are huge, and I haven't tried Growing Greens. ME One-size are pretty good but tend to be bulky on Audrey (slimmer waist, bigger thighs)
I think it just depends on how any of these fit your baby. Its like buying jeans for adults, everyone has a different fit and it just depends on the person.
Another thing i really like about Sam's fitteds is that she uses a Hemp Terry fabric and its strechy and allows for a really good fit. As far as the expensive vs the inexpensive, it depends. I've had more expensive diapers that I don't like and some inexpensive one's I don't like either, so its hard to tell what you like until you've had a chance to try them.
One option would be to buy one or two of these second hand and just see how you like the fit. That way you aren't paying full price to get something you won't like, and you can always resell it.

blnony
08-28-2003, 08:13 AM
I was the one talking about the bulk of the fireflies. I was talking about the Sleep Tights not the Quick dry, one is a nighttime diaper and one is a day time diaper. The quick dry is not even close to bulky IMO, but the sleep tights are a lot of diaper! :)

natividad
08-28-2003, 09:28 AM
I agree with what has been said in that it all depends on the size and shape of your babe. I have found that CDing can be trial and error often times. That is one reason why I pretty much have stuck with what has worked for us. I have not tried too many WAHM's diapers and actually, from your list, I have only used Kissaluvs.

That said, I would like to echo what Beth wrote regarding the Motherease OS. When adding together all the factors - craftmanship, absorbency, availability, price, fit, etc. - the OS is a great diaper for *us*. I also like Kissaluvs, but I much prefer size 0 when DS was a newborn.

HTH,
Naty

liya
08-28-2003, 11:22 AM
>I would appreciate any comments you have about any of them.
>Also, what's your favorite fitted?
>
> I'm hoping to get some Sam's fitteds b/c of the snap issue
>but I'm not sure I can. I'm also wondering if it's better to
>get a cheaper fitted so I can buy more. Are the more expensive
>ones really that much better than Kissaluvs or ME?

I dont think you can Jen isnt taking anymore orders for fitteds but ask her and see...I dont think the more expensive diapers are that much better..If you have a heavy wetter then you should invest in something a tad bit more expensive but i dont blow your wallet on it either...If you have another favorite fitted some WAHMs can make u the diaper with the snaps covered as well so it doesnt hurt to ask...

Cast my vote....

ME OS(add a hemp doubler or have someone make you hemp snap ins and they work perfectly for a super soaker)
Sugarpeas

IMO
Sam Fitteds and Fireflys are toooo expensive....