PDA

View Full Version : CPF MOMS!!!!! ROUND THEM UP....its question time

liya
08-29-2003, 04:45 PM
Soooooo ive been noticing my UBCPFs are getting all yucky and pilly...EEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIWWWWWWWWWWWWW....does this happen with bleached CPFs....I mean whats the real difference i still have my CPF order on hold cause they wont ship till tuesday so i need to make a desicion by sunday...Take em in your hand rub em nicely(lol) and give me your 411 on the situation...lol

TIA

celfsh
08-29-2003, 05:31 PM
Linda,

I only have bleached CPFs (I was too lazy/impatient to wash the unbleached 6-7 times before using them!), so I can only comment on those, but I have never had a problem with them getting pilly at all. I did read a post on MDC once saying that the UBCPFs are pilly for quite a while (like up to 6 months) and then they are fine.

Not sure if that helps at all...

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

egoldber
08-29-2003, 06:50 PM
I don't know what to tell you. I've never noticed my unbleached CPFS getting pilly, but if they did, it wouldn't bother me, since I LOVE the unbleached so much more than the bleached!

C99
08-29-2003, 07:08 PM
Mine get a bit pilly, but I always thought it was because I usually wash them with some fleece things. Doesn't bother me though.

liya
08-29-2003, 07:26 PM
COOl ill stick to UB then....lol...

gravymommy3
08-29-2003, 09:32 PM
Linda,

I have some premium cpfs that I am going to sell, so if you decide you want to go that route, email me. Mine are pristine.

:)

zydmom
09-02-2003, 10:51 PM
I also found my UBCPFs getting pilly and rough. After asking around a lot, I tried a little (like about 1/4 amount) of fabric softener. It helped enormously, and I didn't notice a decrease in absorbancy. I wound up using it maybe every 4th washing. I think in my case it may be due to very hard water. I've just started using Calgon in the wash and I think it helped.

egoldber
09-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Have you tried Downy Advanced? It is supposed to not cause any build up at all. If I were going to use fabric softenwer on a regular basis, it would be the Downy Advanced. Although I REALLY wish it came in an unscented variety!