PDA

View Full Version : Aquaphor in bulk or at least a bigger tub/tube?

emmasmama
09-01-2003, 06:55 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a larger quantity of this? I'm going through it like crazy in an effort to prevent any more diaper rash issues.

So far I've found it at Walmart, in a small tub, and at CVS in a 3 oz tube. I'd love to be able to get a big tub of it because I really like it. I looked in the regular aisles at Sam's Club, but didn't see it - didn't think to ask in the pharmacy though.

Or, can anyone recommend another type of barrier ointment that I could get that is a similar idea and that I can buy in a larger quantity?

I guess I could always get Vaseline - I just liked how nicely the Aquaphor wipes off.

LD92599
09-01-2003, 07:00 AM
Costco has a very large tub...it's in the pharmacy behind the counter..i think it may been around $9

Laura
mom to William 3.5.2003

emmasmama
09-01-2003, 07:07 AM
Oh :(... we don't have a membership there and there isn't one close anyway... sigh... do you know if it's the "original ointment" or the "healing ointment"? I'm just realizing there is more than one type apparently. They carry the "original ointment" in a larger tub - 14 oz - at drugstore.com but it's $16... I've only been using the "healing ointment" though and it looks like it only comes in the 3-3.5 oz size at most - at least where I've looked online.

houseof3boys
09-01-2003, 11:57 AM
I think $15- $16 is a standard price. I got mine at CVS when it was on sale and I just Eckerds's online and it is $16 too. Here are the ingredients of both:

Ingredients of Healing Ointment:
Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin And Bisabolol

Ingredients of Original:
Active Ingredient: Petrolatum. Other Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol.

I remember someone posting that they got the generic version of it a while back when it was 2 for 1 and it was really cheap. You should probably check that out or wait until the drugstore has it on sale since it seems to be about once a month here.

mama2be
09-01-2003, 01:35 PM
I have Ekerd's brand genric Aquaphor, their pharmacist recommended it for me. I bought it when they had 70% off of their name brand stuff. I think I got three nice sized tubs for $9 total...

emmasmama
09-02-2003, 03:45 PM
Neve, do you know what it's called exactly? I tried looking in their online store, but there are a million different lotions and creams that Eckerd makes and none that seem to resemble the Aquaphor tub... a generic version would be great!

Thanks a lot!

JustMare
09-03-2003, 04:27 PM
I've seen this in Eckerd's right next to the original Aquaphor. It says "Compared to Aquaphor" on it.