PDA

View Full Version : New Pampers Cruisers

Calmegja
09-04-2003, 01:53 PM
I need help locating this diaper. Someone on here mentioned that Pampers had a new design, new characters, and the dipes were edged in blue.

I bought a pack to use while we were on vacation, and I loved them. They were the best disposables I have ever used.

Problem is, I bought them at a store on vacation, and 13 hours away, I can't find them here. I keep checking, but they aren't here. The outside packaging talks about them being trimmer through the stride.

Does anyone know where I could find them? I'm trying to take a cloth hiatus for a little bit, and I can't find them anywhere.....

KimberleyDawn
09-04-2003, 02:29 PM
I love Pampers Cruisers!! I'm not sure if I understood your post correctley but are you saying they have an even better version out?
Kim

Calmegja
09-04-2003, 02:36 PM
Yep. I was shocked, and I'm crazed to find them. I got them at a teeny store in North Carolina, and now I can't find them again.

They have a better fit through the stride, they are softer, and the leg gusseting is better (and blue trimmed). ;-)

loewymartin
09-04-2003, 05:51 PM
I would email them. I had an issue with two different types of diapers last year (I think it was the Baby Dry and Cruisers and the same size number being really different sizes in actuality) they responded within a day of my comment and then sent me lots of coupons and a gift certificate for a free box of diapers. You can send them the post above and ask where you can purchase them.

I haven't seen any new ones, and didn't see anything listed on their site, but I'll be heading out tomorrow to get a new box. I'll let you know if I find any!

Michelle

KimberleyDawn
09-04-2003, 08:50 PM
What was different about the bag so I'll know when I see them!
Kim

Calmegja
09-04-2003, 08:57 PM
IIRC, it had "new" on it, but it also talked about a "trimmer stride" on it. Oh why, oh why did I throw the package away from vacation! It's not quite the same as the package where it shows the inset of the stretchy sides on the front.

I emailed Pampers. I'm waiting for them to answer me, and I'll let you know what I found out about it.

LisaMom2Allie
09-04-2003, 10:22 PM
I live in North Carolina what was the name of the store and where was it at?

Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

JElaineB
09-05-2003, 07:04 AM
I just opened last night a Mega size (50 dipes) package of Pampers Cruisers size 4 that had the blue legs! There was inside the package an insert describing how they have a trimmer fit through the legs for easier walking and moving. However the outside of the package gave NO indication that they were "new" or "different" in any way! I bought these at Toys R Us here in Iowa a couple of weeks ago. If you know what to look for you *might* be able to see a little blue peeking out when you look at the diapers though the clear window strip on the side of the package. Like I said, the outside of the package looked the same. You might try stores that have high turnover of diapers, and would have the new style in stock, that is all I can think of.

Edited to add: Ok, I just pulled out the old Super Mega package out of the trash can and there is a difference! The old package had a logo on it that just said "Stretch" and shows a stretchy dipaer on it. The new diapers have a logo that says "8-Way Stretch", which is how they have been advertising the Cruisers lately. Also if you look at the clear strip on the packaging on the bottom of the package it is actually pretty easy to see the blue area on the diapers. Hope this helps!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

emmiem
09-05-2003, 07:45 AM
I bought a new package of diapers about a month ago and posted that there was something different about pampers. I got two of these new types at Target. Everyone who responded to my post thought I was crazy that the Pampers had not changed. There was no indication of change on the package or inside. I emailed Pampers and they said they did not change the formulation since introducing the cruisers line about one year ago or so. They then sent me a coupon for a free package. Since that time, I have not gotten another package with blue trim! It was the smaller size package that I bought that had the changes.

KimberleyDawn
09-05-2003, 01:16 PM
I'm a lady with a new mission (why I'm not sure because it will probably be 100 years before they come to Canada)!! I don't know whether or not to love you or hate you guys for stirring this already crazy Pampers Cruisers obsession. Do you also find it a nightmare to find size 4? I'm always going to 2-3 different stores before I find them?
Kim

Calmegja
09-05-2003, 02:15 PM
I got them at Food Lion in Shallote, NC.....and they are size 4, which are harder to find usually, as well........

I found two packs today. I went through 28 packages at my local small grocery store. They thought I was insane, but the packages clearly say "8 way stretch", the plastic is clear on one end so you can see the dipes, and on the front picture, there is blue edged around the baby that is crawling towards the mother. If you hold it up to a non-blue edged pack, it's a clear difference.

I'm going to go tear through Target, next....Wish me luck! ;-)

KimberleyDawn
09-05-2003, 05:49 PM
After 4 stores I found them in the smallest local pharmacy!!! But they only come in the Jumbo packs which are only 32 dipes :( and I'll burn through those in no time. I haven't checked TRU or Wal-Mart yet so that's my mission in the morning. I'm going to go put one on William now and see what we think (I already know what my dh thinks~~he thinks I'm crazy).
Kim

Marisa6826
09-05-2003, 09:45 PM
Jessica-

Did they happen to have the tabs that can be overlapped??

If they did, they are the new "koala" tab ones that are supposed to be widely distributed by late September/early October.

I called Pampers to complain when I moved up from Swaddlers to Cruisers. Sophie's little and I need to overlap the tabs to get a good fit on her. That wasn't a problem with the Swaddlers, but the Cruisers have those stupid plastic tabs.

They said the koala ones are what they're rolling out next and to keep an eye out for them.

I wonder if the blue trim ones are what the girl was talking about.

It cracks me up that every time you call Pampers they send you more coupons.

Why don't they just make it easier on everybody and lower their prices accordingly!

I can't wait to check out these new ones! Unfortunately, I just stocked up on my size 3s ;)

-m

Calmegja
09-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Marisa...

I don't think these cross on top of each other.

So, what you're really trying to say is that they'll be even another change coming on top of the blue legs?

Be still my heart.... ;-)

Pampers still hasn't answered my email. I'll have to get up off my duff and use the phone next, I guess. How do you guys get them to respond to you?

Marisa6826
09-06-2003, 11:56 PM
I call the 800 number on the back of the package. Sometimes you have to hold a couple minutes, but overall their customer service is really good.

And as I said, they ALWAYS send you coupons when you call. Last time I got about $30 bucks worth since I told them I had a friend just give birth and she was interested in checking out Pampers!! The girl said she'd send some for me AND my friend ;)

-m