PDA

View Full Version : Diaper rash around DS' "you know where"

yhtking
09-04-2003, 06:49 PM
We were giving our DS a bath last night and noticed a little redness around his little "thingy". It's around the skin, and not the tip. And, there is also a spot around his crouch area where it looks like skin got peel off and it's just flesh there. It's a real small spot. Is that diaper rash related? Has anyone seen or had similar experience?

Thanks in advance,
Mom to Tyler (6/6/3)

Momof3Labs
09-04-2003, 08:12 PM
Every diaper rash is different (we are dealing with one right now, too) so I would suggest that you bring him to your ped tomorrow and let them take a look at it. (And, yes, I believe that it is diaper rash related.)

lizajane
09-04-2003, 09:20 PM
poor ds had a power poop that spread throughout his whole diaper and ended up all stuck in his weenie. the skin got all red and puffy and FREAKED me out. i pulled back the skin and cover it all with either rash ointment or neosporin. it went away in about 2 days. maybe 3. he looks fine now.

maybe some neosporin for the raw spot?

liya
09-04-2003, 10:20 PM
DS has a little blister on the tip of his penis and i applied neosporin and it went away in 2 days...But i did talk to the ped...So call him/her and see whats up..

Momof3Labs
09-04-2003, 10:58 PM
Ahhhh, this sounds similar to Colin's sore, except it is being stubborn about going away. We saw a pediatric dermatologist who has us alternating two different ointments (one like Neosporin but stronger) and using Triple Paste at each change. It's no better but no worse. Fortunately, Colin is very good at diaper changes - they take forever with all of this gunk!

emmasmama
09-05-2003, 09:54 AM
Well, you might want to make sure it's not yeast. Our yeast rash started as a little redness in her private area and this little round spot on her upper inner thigh, right next to her private area. It was like that for about a week while I applied Aquaphor and Burts Bees like mad but it never went away. Then all the sudden it exploded into this horrible yeasty rash all over her diaper area. Have your ped check it out!