PDA

View Full Version : Motherease Airflows

erzzie
09-09-2003, 07:11 PM
I've been trying out several types of covers and I just got an Airflow today. First impressions--I really like it! This one is used and probably not in brand new condition, but it fits nicely, it's soft, collapses great under clothes, and doesn't have the crinkly sound my nylon pull ons have.

I have a M/L size and Amelia wears it on the larger thigh and waist snaps. It fits well that way, but for longevity sake, do you think I could get by with a Large instead? How much bigger is a Large than a M/L? Do Motherease's sizes overlap much?

Amelia's current stats (fresh from the Pediatrician):
17.5 lbs
25 inches
waist: 18
thigh: 10.5
rise: 18

Thanks for any advice!

egoldber
09-09-2003, 08:06 PM
I think there is a good bit of overlap between the M/L and L size Airflow. The Large will buy you more rise, which is nice when you move into larger diapers. But your DD is a little on the small size, so I think you will get a lot of wear out of the M/L also.

And I love the Airflow. It is hands down my fav cover for EVERY diaper!

mamahill
09-09-2003, 11:21 PM
Ainsleigh is almost 20 lbs (at 17 months) and is still on the smallest leg setting and waist setting in her M/L Airflow. I haven't measured her waist/thighs for a while, and I know she's on the small side (but I SWEAR she's gained weight and at her 18-month check-up I think she'll be 25 lbs... :) ). The Motherease web site says that the M/L covers fit babies 20-27 lbs, so I bought 2 more when I kept wanting to do laundry as soon as mine got dirty. One thing, I noticed that it depended on how I laid Ainsleigh on the cover. For a while, it seemed like the smallest setting was way too tight, so I'd loosen it. About an hour later she'd be walking around and it would look loose on her. It's hard to explain, but check to make sure you've put it on without it being too high up in the back (that was my trouble). You may find you'll get more use out of it than you think.

MartiesMom2B
09-10-2003, 09:35 PM
Beth:

How do you use your CPFs with the Airflows? Use a snappi?

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

egoldber
09-10-2003, 10:09 PM
Yes, I snappi. Trifolding and laying in a wrap doesn't work for me. The diaper always slides down.

HTH,