PDA

View Full Version : What is your night-time solution?

smkinc
09-11-2003, 12:24 AM
I'm getting frustrated at night--

DS is 7 months and ~20libs.

I have not been successful using HH's as a night time dipe--even when stuffed with 1 Heiny stuffing and 2 JB's.

My bullet-proof, but bulky solution WAS a LC stuffed with 2 4x12 M&MC hemp doublers (underneath the LC doubler) and lined with a fleece lined M&MC hemp 5X12 doubler. Covered with a Stacinator wool cover. But, as my son has started sleeping 10-12 hours at night, in the morning, the dipe is completely soaked (all layers) and his PJs and sheets are lightly damp.

I'm thinking of going to sposies at night, but thought I'd find out what others use(d) for this age/weight of a baby, hoping there might be another solution.

Thanks for your help,
Mary

blnony
09-11-2003, 08:20 AM
I highly recommend using the Firefly Sleep Tights.
When we CD at night this is what we use and Audrey sleeps about 10 hrs at night and we've never had a leak or damp clothing the next morning.
I just use the ST with its doubler and a thin fleece liner.

egoldber
09-11-2003, 08:52 AM
I also recommend the Sleep Tight. They are expensive., but you only need 2.

You may also want to use a PUL cover rather than a wool cover. I knwo that wool is breathable, but if you have a heavy wetter, you need a LOT of diaper in there in order to not get leaks.

HTH,

toomanystrollers
09-11-2003, 10:59 AM
HI Mary,
My 2 yr. old DS is blasting through his HH's at night too so last night I used an Aristocrats cover w/a snappied toddler cpf with a nighty newts hemp soaker topped with a fleece liner. It wasn't too bulky - his pj's were dry - hurray!!

I might have to try a sleep tight dipe on him.

liya
09-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Sleep Tight...I just ordered a cotton one and will add a fleece topped SMJAE hemp doubler(cause Arian cant use hemp)

Momof3Labs
09-11-2003, 12:43 PM
FuzziBunz stuffed with two JoeyBunz and one 4x12 M&MC hemp doubler - never a wet morning here!

cvharris
09-11-2003, 02:13 PM
We have been using FuzziBunz with two JBs and haven't had a leak yet!

smkinc
09-11-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm tempted to give FB's another try since I already have the stuffings.

What size Fireflys are your little ones in? From the sizing chart, it looks like the Large will be too large for his thigh and the smalls to small for his waist.

Mary

Melanie
09-12-2003, 01:31 AM
We use a Firefly Sleep Tight (large for my 26 lb) with a fleece-topped Darling Diapers nighttime doubler in a wool cover or an airflow cover OR a Luke's Drawer's Goodnight Kiss with an extra hemp doubler folded in. (knocking on wood) they work 99% of the time.

AngelaS
09-12-2003, 05:50 AM
I use disposables at night on dd.

GASP!

I tried using hemp flats with various fitteds and covers and by the time I got enough absorbancy, dd could barely move. So...for 12 hours at night, she sleeps in a disposable.

It works for us. :)

natividad
09-12-2003, 08:16 AM
All these options have worked for us:

ME Sandy with doubler in a Dappi cover pull on pant - never a leak.
BB hemp diaper in a Dappi cover
And of course, disposables

We are now mostly using disposables at night. I find that the most reliable cover is still PUL.

Naty,
Mommy to Alexander