PDA

View Full Version : Just an FYI: I found the new Pampers Cruisers at my Target today

kathsmom
09-11-2003, 08:58 PM
Hi, everyone!

I was at Target getting formula for Andrew and saw the new Pampers Cruisers that were mentioned in a previous post. It said "8 way stretch" on them. They were only available in the small packages. All of the larger packages were the regular Cruisers. I compared the pictures on the small and large packages. It is the same mom and the same baby, but they must have digitally changed the diaper in the picture, because on the new ones, you see the blue edging and in the old ones, it is plain white.

I went ahead and bought a pack to try. I really like them so far. Even DH commented on how much trimmer they seemed and that they didn't come up so high on DS. Thanks for telling us about these!

etwahl
09-12-2003, 07:46 AM
are these more like huggies now? i had to switch to huggies supreme because my daughters poops were never contained in the pampers. always had blowouts. the huggies with their stretch worked much better.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

kathsmom
09-12-2003, 08:40 AM
Hi, Tammy!

I have only used Huggies Supremes on Andrew once, and they didn't seem to fit him right, so we went back to the Pampers Cruisers. I just looked at the new Cruiser compared to the old one and it does seem to be a bit stretchier. It is trimmer through the crotch. I don't remember exactly how the Huggies Supremes fit since I only used them that one time. I am sorry - I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but I hope it helps you a little bit!

Take care!

amp
09-12-2003, 01:17 PM
No offense, but I hope not! Huggies never worked for DS and we love Pampers Swaddlers, but we're approaching the upper limit of the size 2's and will need to move into the Cruisers size 3 in the next month or so.

etwahl
09-13-2003, 08:10 AM
i was exactly like you guys in the beginning. huggies didn't work and only pampers swaddlers did. but then we moved to cruisers and we had explosion after explosion...until i switched to huggies supreme. i've had only one blowout since then and that's been like 2 months i think. it's funny how sometimes the effectiveness of a diaper changes along with the needs of the baby. ours has pretty watery poops, so we need something that will contain her explosions. i find i do have to go larger than the package says though, and they ride high on her back, but it does help to keep it contained in the diaper and protect mommy and her clothing!!!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

Momof3Labs
09-13-2003, 09:44 AM
Huggies Supreme are more elasticized in the back than Pampers, which is why I think they do better on leaks up the back than Pampers (for some babies).

Swaddlers to Cruisers is a BIG move because the Cruisers size 3 are SO HUGE compared to Swaddlers size 2. We loved Swaddlers, but hated Cruisers for about 6 months after outgrowing Swaddlers (they fit Colin fine now), so also used Huggies Supreme to fill the gap until we moved to cloth.