PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a diaper pail to keep out curious critters...

pritchettzoo
09-12-2003, 01:11 PM
I plan on CD-ing, and I have a Sterilite can for the nursery that's tall enough to keep the pups out. Plus they won't have free access to the nursery. Downstairs we have set up a changing area in the corner of our living/family room. We received a Diaper Champ and haven't returned it yet...would this work for CDs? Or should I just get another Sterilite can and put it in the "powder room" downstairs? Any other suggestions?

Also, I'm a dummy and haven't ordered any liners yet...If I don't get any (currently I am suffering from a rather complete inability to make decisions...) before the baby comes, would a regular trash bag work in a pinch??

Thanks!

Anna
#1(DD) EDD 9/10/03

egoldber
09-12-2003, 01:15 PM
The Champ would work initially, but as the diapers get bigger, it doesn't work well for CDs. Maybe try a step on type can? Target and Costco have them pretty inexpensively.

And you can use anything as a liner. I have used large shopping bags and they work really well. :)

zen_bliss
09-12-2003, 06:13 PM
our dogs are mesmerized by BF poo... it's one of the ways we know when she needs to be changed. :) i use silver 'chrome' step cans. you can get them at target, and they are also a great price at costco. they're heavier than the plastic ones. the dogs have shown no interest in the cans, and i don't think they could knock them over unless they were really motivated.

Momof3Labs
09-12-2003, 09:27 PM
We use our Champ for cloth, but only because we have it and had already used it for a while. Plus, it is completely dog-proof. It works okay, but check out the step cans that zen mentioned - they would probably work better for you.

zen_bliss
09-13-2003, 04:08 AM
oh and about liners... i agonized about what to buy: bummis (do they bleed?), do i really want to spend that much on happytushies.com... and i have been very pleased with my $4 boring grey coleman bags from the camping section at target. sturdy, no fraying, no bleeding, i just throw it in with the dipes. not waterproof, but "water-resistant" and good enough.

liya
09-13-2003, 08:42 PM
funny but i have the same step on can from Costco zen was talking about...lol Anyhow its great and the waterproof liner from walmart camping section i double recomend it!!