PDA

View Full Version : Help - DS leaks through EVERY Night!

ncmommy
09-13-2003, 10:27 AM
I saw the recent post on this topic...but what about those who use disposables?? I'm convinced that DS would sleep through the night if he wasn't flooding his crib by 3am. His sleeper and sleepsack are soaked EVERY NIGHT! He always rolls over on his belly to sleep, so the front of his diaper fills up and eventually leaks. We tried Huggies Supreme last night and it didn't make any difference. They make Overnights, but I have not been able to find them in size 3. ANybody out there find a diaper that will hold overnight???

liya
09-13-2003, 11:55 AM
This is what some are doing..Buy a super absorbant pad(like for the mom yes...) and put in in the diaper...Its worked for many moms here....HTH

Momof3Labs
09-13-2003, 12:13 PM
I found Huggies Overnights in size 3 at Walgreens and Wal-Mart. They don't make them smaller than that, though. But they do hold more than Supremes!

LisaMom2Allie
09-13-2003, 02:14 PM
That is a great idea so far our diapers are holding but are full in the morning. I will have to remember that and try it.

Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

ncmommy
09-13-2003, 02:41 PM
Thank you! I'll keep looking for the overnights in size 3...we'll check walmart tomorrow. The pad idea sounds interesting as well...we might give that a try tonight. (I can only imagine how much more interesting this will make the wrestling match/diaper change before bed!)

MartiesMom2B
09-13-2003, 02:57 PM
Someone at my Mommy Group yesterday told me that Food Lion sells disposable doublers for heavy peers that are like a maxi pad. You might want to check that out too.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Karenn
09-13-2003, 03:07 PM
I had a really hard time finding size 3 overnights too! I finally started putting 4's on him even though they were a little big, and it worked.

Good luck!

ncmommy
09-13-2003, 07:10 PM
That's too funny! I actually went in search of the size threes tonight with no luck, so I bought the size four overnights - they are huge, but I put him to bed in one a few minutes ago....I hope it works!

amp
09-15-2003, 10:47 AM
We use Pampers Swaddlers size 2 and DS can make it through the night in them. Unfortunately, when you move to size 3, you are into Pampers Cruisers and I haven't tried those, so I can't speak to their ability to make it through the night. I can tell you that my DS always had leaks in Huggies (we never tried overnights because he doesn't fit in those sizes yet).

alkagift
09-15-2003, 02:17 PM
Hey,
My DS always leaked with Huggies--nothing wrong with them, but they were cut differently and they didn't stay tight around the top of his waist (has a tendency to arch his back and pee at the same time--bad combo). We moved to Pampers but we are going to CD on the weekends now.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew 5/19/03

cara1
09-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Have you tried going up a size, even for nights only? The bigger sizes are generally more absorbant, and since they're not as mobile at night, they're unlikely to fall off if they're too big. Also, have you tried Luvs over nights?

ncmommy
09-15-2003, 08:21 PM
We tried the huggies overnights in the larger size...and it worked just fine! Yeah!! They really look silly on him, but the elsatic seems to fit just a snug as his pampers cruisers. Thanks for your help!

Rachels
09-15-2003, 08:26 PM
Pampers Cruisers work for us!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Lucy123
09-15-2003, 08:39 PM
DS sleeps 12 hours at night in size 2 Pampers swaddlers and has never had a leak in them. However, Huggies newborns and size 1 leaked. I never tried size 2 in huggies because of the leaks. Good luck!
Lucy & Ryan 5/30/03