PDA

View Full Version : Baby lotions, shampoos, powders, etc - what do you like...

Rebecca1118
09-15-2003, 05:53 PM
What does everyone like for baby "products" such as lotions, shampos, etc.?

lizajane
09-15-2003, 06:54 PM
as tempted as i am by burt's bees and california baby, etc etc... we are perfectly happy with johnson's baby products. we received LOTS of baby products as gifts- all johnson & johnson and baby magic. we haven't used up even half of the first bottle of anything, so we haven't tried any baby magic yet. (i think we are going to have enough shampoo, baby wash, baby lotion and baby powder to last us until he is 3) and we haven't used any lotion on him. i only use the powder because what else am i going to do with 4 bottles of baby powder?

egoldber
09-15-2003, 08:49 PM
I have only used J&J baby products and we have done just fine with them. I just can't bring myself to pay the $$ for expensive products. If my baby were sensitive to the J&J products, I would of course, use something else.

I do splurge and use Aquaphor as my diaper cream. But I bought a tub at Costco 2 years ago for $12, and I'm still using it.

HTH,

blnony
09-15-2003, 09:02 PM
My DD has a problem with eczema and is very sensitive to a lot wash products. We use Kiehl's Shampoo and Baby Wash and Gentle Naturals Ezcema Cream and sometims their baby wash too.
We usually use Unscented Aveeno lotion for her entire body.
For diaper creams, I mainly just use J&J Cornstarch Powder but if I use a cream I use A+D Creamy or Burts Bees if I find a good deal.
But with cloth, I use fleece liners and I don't care if the diaper cream stains them.

Momof3Labs
09-15-2003, 09:50 PM
We use very little baby lotion, but when something is needed, we use Aquaphor. Aquaphor works as a great diaper rash cream, too. No shampoo or powder here. We use Aveeno unscented bath wash (actually an adult product, but very very gentle) after a horrible experience with Baby Magic. I stay away from anything with fragrance after that experience (hypoallergenic, my foot...) so that rules out J&J, Baby Magic, Burt's Bees and most of the other popular products for us.

I would suggest that you don't buy too much before baby arrives. You don't know what will and won't work for you.

nohomama
09-15-2003, 10:57 PM
We've used Tom's Baby Shampoo as a shampoo and body wash from the beginning with Lola. For body lotion we use Alba Botanica unscented lotion since I buy it in bulk for my massage practice. And for diaper creams we use Weleda Calendula Cream and Diaper Care Cream as well as Unpetroleum Jelly.

sugarsnappea
09-16-2003, 06:33 AM
We are also very happy w/ J&J products. I do splurge on the Burt's Bees Buttermilk lotion, but a little goes a long way. :)

Vajrastorm
09-16-2003, 10:55 AM
I just have the little sampler from Burts Bees, but does that Buttermilk lotion not smell divine? Oh, how I adore that smell.

cvharris
09-16-2003, 11:10 AM
I use Burt's diaper ointment, dusting powder and apricot oil. I got all three in baby packs at the Burt's Bee's outlet for super cheap thanks to zen_bliss. I have enough for this child and more! :)

For shampoo and body wash, I use Mustela 2 in 1 Shampoo and Body Wash.

RiaHannam
09-16-2003, 12:22 PM
I LOVE Baby's Burts Bees!! BUT my baby is allergic to it! I got a bunch at my baby shower and thank goodness I was able to return the stuff that wasn't opened. When I gave him the milk bath he broke out in horrible red splotches. With the lotion his skin got all bumpy and rough......
So we use Cetaphil cleanser and cream.... so boring, but so far that's what is working for us. My kids have very sensitive skin and the winters in Colorado are very dry, aggravating the situation - they usually end up with excema.
After his bath though I do use that baby excema cream someone mentioned further up. Works grand and has a nice mild smell to it.

Maria