PDA

View Full Version : do you color coordinate?

stillplayswithbarbies
09-16-2003, 02:23 PM
If I buy some cute fitted diapers, and some cute covers, won't it look strange if they don't match? What do you all do? Do you put on a printed pink diaper with flower on it and then cover it in a green cover with stripes? And then what if your little girl is wearing a dress and it comes with a matching diaper cover? Do you cover your cover with that?

It's all so confusing . . .

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

erzzie
09-16-2003, 02:37 PM
Well, I purposely bought plain outer all hemp dipes that would go with most any cover. Then I picked out cute prints for covers plus a few white ones for when my prints didn't match well enough. For dresses, most of the included diaper covers don't have enough coverage for CDs so I havent been using them at all. Just using my cute CD covers to save DD the aggravation of another layer.

Alternatively, you could use plain covers over cute print diapers and not worry about whether the dipe matches since you only see it at changing time.

HTH!

nitaghei
09-16-2003, 03:28 PM
Don't have that problem: :)

1) I have a boy - ergo - no cute clothes.

2) All my CDs are white or natural.

Nita

cvharris
09-16-2003, 04:23 PM
I find myself color coordinating covers/aios with his outfits. I do agree that cute diapers are a waste if they have to be covered - but they are so hard to resist! I have a few cute printed diapers but no one would ever know when they're on DS!

As for diaper covers that match outfits, I would think you would have to put them over a 'real' diaper cover, b/c they're probably not waterproof/water-resistant but I don't have a girl, so I haven't been faced with that problem!

blnony
09-16-2003, 04:36 PM
99% of my fitteds are plain and i only have a couple cute print covers. Most are solid color wool or white PUL or Nylon. I will coordinate the solid color to the outfit but I rarely use the little diaper covers that come with dresses as my DD is still crawling a lot so she rarely ever wears dresses. :)

Kate888
09-16-2003, 08:00 PM
Yes, I coordinate the cover to the outfit. Or should I say...I coordinate the outfit to the cover ;) This summer I got some cute dresses because they matched perfectly with the diaper covers. Even bought a pair of shoes to match the patriotic cover for the Independence Day! But I don't always coordinate fitted diapers with covers, so I don't feel like Monica in Friends LOL :D

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02