PDA

View Full Version : Need help on next size/types of dipes

pimms
09-18-2003, 04:54 PM
HI all - I have a 14 day old, and he's huge and growing fast! 9lbs-2 oz, 21 1/2 inches at birth; 8-11 last week, and probably 9-5 by now (ped. appt in a few days to check). I bought a stash of KL Size 0 and ME Sandies X-Small plus Green Earth newborn covers and ME Rikki wraps X-small. They still work, but are snug around his thighs, and at this rate, he will soon outgrow them. He's not a chunky baby, but he's not skinny either. I need to get a soft tape measure.

I really need to figure out what to do next to stock up.

How to predict in time to place an order? He also goes through 12-14 dipes a day (BF poop).

Also - My aunt is a seamstress and has also offered to make dipes if I can only decide on one I like. I'm waiting until he fits into some CBs and other One-sizes to test them out.

Too many decisions for a new mom!

Here's what I have stashed so far:

3 ME Sandies Small (too big still)
4 few Little Lambs AIO Front snap, infant size
1 Righteous Baby CB
1 Bizzy B organic fitted 8-25 lbs
1 Bizzy B AIO fleece one size?
1 Happy Heiny small (fits well now, but will need mediums very soon)
1 KL size 1 to try
1 Bumkins AIO small (looks too big and bulky still)
3 Prorap AIO's snaps (look very bulky)
1 bummis SIWW cover small
1 bummis pull-on pant small
1 Green Earth aplix cover small (fits over stuffed dipes now)

Any help or suggestions would be most welcome!

Thanks - Samantha (:

toomanystrollers
09-18-2003, 07:58 PM
Hi Samantha,
First of all - congrats on your big boy!

What about some plain 'ol cpf's and covers just for backups? My dd was 10 lbs. 23" (big girl) and at 12 weeks, she can still fit into her Liz's Cloth size 1, Firefly smalls, Righteous Baby FLAG size 1 and her small proraps for cpfs and med. proraps for over a fitted. She also wears med. aio's and fitteds from Lucy's Hope Chest (very cute fabrics for boys and girls) Liz's are readily available and she's a great WAHM to work with.

DD did outgrow her small fuzzibunz so she's in mediums now. For nightime, I love the Firefly sleeptights with an Aristocrats soaker. They are expensize but you can get by with just two.

HTH
Pam

mommyj
09-18-2003, 09:03 PM
I second the recommendation to get some infant 4x8x4 ucpf's. They're really cheap, so you can get a bunch w/out spending too much money. I used those and kissaluvs 0 for the 1st 2 months. I just bought the next size because ds is already 14 lbs at 2 months old (95th percentile for weight). My favorite covers are whisper pants, because they fit over everythin, are gentle on ds' skin, and they'rew pnly $5/each. He's still wearing the smalls right now.
If you order cpf's, I would highly recommend Colleen at naturalbabies. She has great customer service and fast shipping. She got my latest order to me in less than a week, which was lucky because ds outgrew his nb dipes that week.
Congrats on your baby boy! I hope you have as much fun with him as I'm having with ds!!!

lizajane
09-18-2003, 09:58 PM
voting for infant cpfs from naturalbabies.com.

ds was 9 91/5 and 22 inches at birth, so i hear ya! he is still in medium proraps and standard size cpf, with premiums for naps, at 6 months. (around 20 lbs and 28.5 inches)

he wore small proraps for about 4-6 weeks. i think?

and his medium fuzzibunz still fit, too. but we never had smalls. we started using mediums when he started sleeping thru at 9 weeks.

blnony
09-18-2003, 10:21 PM
I don't have a lot of advice here - I've never cded a newborn, but what I've learned is while your current stash fits, figure out which ones you like the best fit wise, absorbency, washing etc. Then use those guidelines to buy the next size.

pimms
09-28-2003, 08:35 PM
Thank you for all of your advice! We do have some CPFs that we use for burpcloths, so I always have those.
(: Samantha

cvharris
09-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Samantha,

I have a big boy, too, 8/15 at birth and 22" long and he has grown fast! He is 3 1/2 months old now, 16/6 and 26 1/2" long and we use SugarPeas size 1 as our main fitteds. If you think you want to use fitteds, you might want to try one of those to see if you like them, they should become more readily available and I feel like ds still has room to grow in them. I like them over the many other fitteds I have tried, and I tried a lot! I found I prefer hemp, front snapping diapers with microfleece next to baby. These fit well, are quick drying, and are very trim. The only other ones I found that are trim and quick drying are fireflies, and they are way too expensive for us.

I pretty much alternate between Sugar Peas and medium Fuzzi Bunz for our system.

Hope this helps!