PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Cloth Diapering Drop-out?

Karenn
09-19-2003, 02:25 PM
Anyone else here ready to admit that they're a cloth diapering drop-out? I tried so hard to make it work, had visions of extra money and early potty training, but the rashes just kept coming back! It's been months since I gave them up and I know I'm not going back to it, but I have yet to sell my diapers. I think it's just hard to part with things that I researched the purchase of so carefully! The really sad thing is, I know much more about CD's than my friend IRL who still CD's because I learned so much here!

Is there anyone out there in the same boat as me? What were your reasons for dropping out? (BTW, I'll freely admit that it's entirly likely that if the rashes hadn't gotten to me, the laundry very possibly could have! :))

smkinc
09-19-2003, 02:37 PM
I'm close to dropping out, but I just ordered some of the new-style fuzzi bunz to give it one more try. I don't have a rash problem, but I just went back to work 3 days/week and dd just seem easier than they did when I wasn't working. Also, I'm wanting to dress DS in somethings other than sweat type pants, and the CDs are just too bulky to fit nicely under cords or jeans. Frankly, if our caregiver wasn't willing to do CD, I think I would be very tempted to sell the whole stash.

Thanks for letting me vent, I was actually logging on for a CD pep talk, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who has waivered/is waivering.

Mary
Mom to Jeremiah (2/4/03)

gravymommy3
09-20-2003, 03:51 PM
Well,

I had to drop-out and it is killing me. Hayden absolutely refuses to wear cloth now. She get hysterical if I even pick up a CD. Course, she still has a rash, so it was not the cloth causing her rash. She is just rashy. I now just have to get off my duff and sell my stash.

Bummer!

Calmegja
09-20-2003, 05:55 PM
I'm on a hiatus for a few months, to see if I genuinely prefer it or not.

I started to lose my spark on vacation, when I found the new Pampers Cruisers. I found myself preferring them over cloth, and reaching for them even when we got home, which is not what I expected at all...

I really don't know how it will all shake out yet, but the break has been nice, and I've enjoyed it, so we'll see.....;-)

em_jon98
09-20-2003, 08:59 PM
I think that makes Hayden a drop out, and not you, lol :)!

I'm looking forward to seeing your stash hit the swap board :)...

RiaHannam
09-21-2003, 11:42 PM
Well technically I'm not sure yet, but we might be!

CD'ing was going great till I tried the Kissaluv contour dipes and DS got a rash in them . I think it was due to the fact that they are not 100% cotton. So I went back to my trusty prefolds but he was still rashy. Stripped the dipes, tried again, still getting a rash! So we are using disposables now till it's all cleared up and I'll try again. I rewashed all his dipes in a detergent a friend recommended for sensitive skin (Granny's Old Fashioned......)and once his rash is completely gone I will try again!

I have to admit though..... I LOVE Pampers! Never thought that would come out of my lips! And I love the Baby Drys! The smell reminds me of the 70's when my mom used to buy me pampers for my dolls - the scent of them just brings back good memories! I liked the swaddlers too but I think I like the baby drys better. I also like the 7th generation dipes but he is between sizes right now and the mediums are too big for him (ne needs size 2's currently).

Part of me wants him to react to cloth again so I can use pampers. But part of me wants to go back to cloth!

I'll update when I have more info. Hope to try cloth again by the end of the week. We'll see!

Maria and Taggert (5/13)

Karenn
09-22-2003, 08:25 AM
You know, I ran into my first rash problem with Kissaluv Contours too! Then bought new detergent, stripped my dipes, avoided the contours etc., but I still had problems. I'm guessing though, that in our case, it wasn't REALLY the contours, just coincidence. :) Colin has some food sensitivities that give him diaper rash and I'm guessing that his rashes come from his skin being extra sensitive when he wears cloth. I'll be curious to hear what happens with your little guy! Good luck!

RiaHannam
09-26-2003, 01:09 PM
My update......

We are officially in DD's for now!! After giving CD's a go again he ended up with the same rash!!

So I'm going to use DD's for quite awhile because I'm tired of troubleshooting and ending up with the same rash over and over in cloth. I need a break, lol!

I'll try again when he gets a tad bigger and can fit into med covers and regular pf's. But for now since his bum is healthy in DD's that's what we'll do!

Maria and Taggert (5/13)