PDA

View Full Version : flannel, velour or micro-fleece?

stillplayswithbarbies
09-21-2003, 03:30 PM
I am looking at fitted diapers from http://www.angelwraps.com , and they come with a choice of flannel, velour or micro-fleece next to baby's skin.

What are the reasons to use one over the other? I assume velour is the softest feeling? It looks like the price is the same no matter which.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

liya
09-21-2003, 05:07 PM
Micro will keep your baby feeling dry ......

Flannel( i dont like it, it gets pilly) i adds some absorbtion and maybe a cute print...Which isnt needed..

Velour is nice and soft and adds some absorbtion but will definately not keep your baby with that dry feel...

Have you also checked...

Neesas Nappies and Softlanding diapers they are also aplix..But Amy is super to work with as well...

parkersmama
09-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Another good thing about both velour and fleece is that niether of them stain in my experience. Fleece also seems to pill up sometimes (like the flannel does)...it depends on the type of fleece. I do like that fleece keeps the baby dry but I'd say that of these choices, velour is probably my favorite.

Momof3Labs
09-21-2003, 08:33 PM
Velour tends to hold up really nicely through washes. Fleece can, too, if good fleece is used. Flannel doesn't do well, and does tend to stain.

Note that vibrant colors in velour are more likely to bleed than fleece. So if you are dying for a red diaper interior, maybe go with fleece over velour!

mama2be
09-21-2003, 10:20 PM
what was your review of the darling diaper velour diaper????

blnony
09-21-2003, 10:49 PM
Karen-
Here is my experience with all you mentioned:
Flannel: soft, has some absorbtion and usually cute prints. It does tend to fade a bit and can get a little pilly.

Velour: I really like velour. It doesn't stain. I have an ivory velour that I've designated as A.'s poop diaper, because everytime I put it on her..well you get the point! :) Also, poop comes off very easily. I've had several colorful velour (inner/and outer) and none of them have faded and all have been very colorfast. From my Toadies to Darling's all have kept their color wonderfully. Its also very soft against baby.

Fleece: I use a fleece liners 99% of the time. I'm not a big fan of fleece lined dipes, covers or pocket dipes, because it can get build up very easily, and become repelant. I hate this. Then I have to spend so much time trying to strip or figure out the problem. It also gets pilly and looks worn to me. I also think it stains easier than velour. But I like my little thin liners because I don't care if they stain. :) And they do wick moisture though to keep the baby's booty dryer.

So, thats my story and I'm sticking to it! :)

Edited to add: my ivory velour after more than five months still doesn't have a stain.

stillplayswithbarbies
09-22-2003, 08:16 AM
So it sounds like it might be a good idea to get velour diapers and use fleece liners in them? I have to admit that the idea of velour next to her little tushie sounds heavenly, but the idea of wet velour next to her tushie just sounds yucky.

What about fleece covers? Breathable, but easier to care for than wool is what I am being told. True?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Momof3Labs
09-22-2003, 01:45 PM
It's waaaaaay too big for Colin right now! I tried it on him but it is just too bulky to wear now. I bought a large. Gonna try to attach a pic of him in it...

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/momof3labs/lst?.dir=/Dipes&.view=t

It's the fourth pic, the dipe with a blue background.

And I forgot that I didn't get velour. It is hemp fleece lined, and has a fire truck print (surprise!) on the outside.

Momof3Labs
09-22-2003, 01:47 PM
Fleece covers are hit or miss - they work for some but not others. I find it to be pretty bulky. Of course, wool can be bulky, too. Wool is also pretty easy to care for - just hand wash once a week or so, and hang to dry.