PDA

View Full Version : Tried the new "supreme" dipes from BRU

khakismom
09-23-2003, 12:03 PM
I feel like a lone disposable voice in a sea of cloth diapers! LOL :) Anyway, I was intrigued by the new "Supreme" dipes at BRU. I bought a size 2 pack to try out on Ellen. I really liked them and have to recommend them! I compared them to the Pampers Baby-Dry and Luvs and they are identical. The only difference is that the BRU ones are slightly shorter than the Pampers and Luvs (if that makes any sense). I will probably stick with the Luvs but will definitely buy these when BRU has coupons for them--the Mega packs were discounted to 8.99 rather than the normal price of 10.99 (which is about what Luvs are).

liya
09-23-2003, 12:09 PM
Hey CLOTH person here and they are nice!! we have been using them for nights cause i cant find anything to hold Arian down...NICE AND AFFORDABLE

egoldber
09-23-2003, 02:23 PM
In the past when I have tried store brand diapers they always seemed very "huggies" like to me, if you know what I mean (narrow through the crotch and run a little smaller than Pampers). Do you think these are cut similar to Pampers?

(A cloth diaper-er, who uses disposable sometimes and still likes to get a bargain there too...)

khakismom
09-23-2003, 02:33 PM
I know what you mean about the Huggies cut. :) These were the same width as the Pampers, so the same cut thru the crotch. But they were smaller length-wise than the Pampers, so when you diaper your baby, the dipe doesn't go as high up on your baby's waist. They weren't low-riders by any means, just not as long. So you could say they ran a little smaller than Pampers. I will compare them with a Swaddlers tonite and see what the difference is. HTH :)

amp
09-23-2003, 04:48 PM
>I will compare them with a Swaddlers tonite and see
>what the difference is.

This is the comparison I am waiting for! ;-) We use Swaddlers and I just haven't found anything else I like equally (but would love to find something cheaper!) Let us know what you find, Maureen. Thanks!

Jen841
09-24-2003, 08:09 AM
I love a good deal! Thanks!

I have been using the White Cloud diapers from Walmart when I can get to one. They are smaller than the Luvs, but I don't have leaking issues with them. Another great value!

khakismom
09-24-2003, 10:38 AM
I compared these to a Swaddler this morning, and I found that they are very similar. The BRU supreme dipe is a *tiny* bit smaller than the Swaddler--the size difference is so negligible that you really have to lay one on top of the other to tell. The BRU "cloth" on the outside is not as "cloth-like" as the Swaddler, but it is softer and nicer than the Baby-Dry. The BRU dipe actually has elastic at the top--both in the front and the back, whereas the Swaddler or Baby-Dry doesn't have this. The BRU dipe does not have the stretchy side :(, but has the same elastic around the leg and the velcro tabs as the Swaddler. Plus the same cut around the crotch. So far, these seem to be good dipes--esp. for the cost! HTH! :)

amp
09-24-2003, 01:29 PM
Maureen, Thanks for checking. That is just enough similarity for me to at least try them next time I am at BRU. Thanks a bunch!

Kimberly H
09-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Maureen, do you happen to know if you can find these "Supremes" at Toys R Us? The nearest BRU is 2 hours away and I'm going to have to guess on Mia's size until we get her home from China.

em_jon98
09-24-2003, 09:12 PM
I saw them at TRU this weekend.

egoldber
10-02-2003, 11:46 AM
I picked some of these up at TRU this week. They were nice, but I have to say I don't like them *quite* as well as Pampers (BabyDry, I don't use the Cruisers) or Luvs. They are definitely lower in the rise and I'm not even sure the size 5 truly fit DD. And if I have to go up to size 6, that's definitely not a bargain for me! I will use the pack (of course), but I probably won't buy again. And the price with the TRU coupon ($8.99 for 42 diapers) is similar to the BabyDry price at Target with a coupon ($13 for 60 diapers).

Just adding to the confusion...

RiaHannam
10-02-2003, 05:10 PM
I am using them now too, thanks to this thread (currently on a cloth hiatus due to a never ending diaper rash)
Ds is in size 2's and they fit great. I wouldn't go so far as to say they are identical to pampers baby dry's but they are definitely a step up from white clouds. They are my favorite *off brand* that's for sure though. I'll probably buy again next time I'm at TRU.

Thanks for posting about this!

Maria and Taggert (5/13)

khakismom
10-03-2003, 10:28 AM
Beth, there very well may be something different to these diapers in the bigger sizes. It's very bizarre! I loved the size 2s for Ellen and when the coupon came out again ($8.99 for a pack) I got size 4s for Kathleen (she is long and lean--30 pounds and 37+ inches). They absolutely didn't fit her as well as the size 2s fit Ellen. Plus I noticed that the tops of the dipes weren't elasticized--like they were in the size 2s. Hmmmm...

When they are $8.99 I may pick up a pack for Ellen, but I will continue to get the Luvs for Kathleen--although hopefully not much longer as we are potty training! :)

jd11365
10-04-2003, 09:58 PM
FYI...at a little less than16 lbs. Kayla can't fit into BRU but has plenty of room in Luvs.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03