PDA

View Full Version : Disposable wipes from Costco (Kirkland)--washable?

Rubisca
09-24-2003, 07:58 AM
Hi, all:

Our first baby will arrive in about three weeks and I'm trying to get ready for CD-ing. I bought a huge box of disposable wipes from Costco (their "Kirkland" brand) because I had seen here and on another board that they are good wipes. But now I'm wondering how they behave if you thrown them in the wash with the diapers. Are they the type of disposable wipe that holds together in the wash? (I'd still throw them away after the laundry is clean, but I'd rather throw away clean ones later than have to put dirty wipes in a separate pail from dirty diapers.) Or do they disintegrate in the wash?

Thanks!

Robin
EDD 10/17/03

egoldber
09-24-2003, 09:05 AM
You can wash these with the diapers. But honestly, if you're CDing, cloth wipes are much more convenient than disposable wipes.

HTH,

mama2be
09-24-2003, 09:32 AM
just wanted to add to what Beth said ...YES they are washable and excellent wipes, we love them!!!!

if you ever do look into cloth wipes you can of course use wash cloths but if you had not heard of Darlingdiapers.com and their velou wipes for $1 each they are heaven :)...I fit mine in my Costco wipes container and use water...

I always have both on hand though...I honestly think my cloth wipes will last thru several children!!!

Melanie
09-24-2003, 09:19 PM
I've washed disp. wipes, Target or Huggies, and they held up okay, but if they aren't the kid with ripples then they don't do the job too well anyhow. Cheap baby washcloths work well if you are on a budget, but wahm-wipes are really nice.