PDA

View Full Version : This is getting slow

blnony
09-29-2003, 05:17 PM
I've been noticing that our little diaper forum here is getting really slow.
Anyone have any new reviews or questions or anything???? ;)
I have to admit; I'm getting bored with my newly pared down stash; but have run out of money to play anymore, plus they fit A. great.
So, how is cding going for everyone.....I'm grasping at straws here...someone help!

mamahill
09-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Generally I avoid this forum now due to budget constraints;), but I just peeped in and saw your post. Anyway, that's why I'm mainly absent -- I don't even WANT to know the newest "thing." For now, I'm sticking with prefolds, FBs for night (just got the petites and I forgot how SOFT the fleece is in the beginning!), and the occasional kissaluvs or ME onesize. Pretty boring, I know - but fall is coming, so cute covers get hidden:(. Oooh, I've got a question - starting a new thread...

cvharris
09-29-2003, 06:02 PM
I'm in the same boat as both of you...I've pared down my stash (almost), and have run out of money to buy! :)

Momof3Labs
09-29-2003, 06:56 PM
Ya have to start knitting and Kool-Aid dying! That makes life fun!

Or we need Beth back! Beth, can we throw you a lifeboat?

mommyj
09-29-2003, 09:07 PM
I have a deadline coming up in mid-October, but once that's done, I'll be back more regularly. I haven't had time to read or post much lately. Sad! Anyway, I'll be back in full force in late October. In the meantime, if you see me on the boards please kick me off because it means my work isn't getting done.

MartiesMom2B
09-29-2003, 09:47 PM
I feel like my stash is pretty complete for now. I don't really have anything super cool or fun. Mostly CPFs and Kissaluvs. I have to admit that I do avoid this forum though because of budget constraints. All these cool new diapers and covers. However seeing Neve's post about her phunkymama covers have got me thinking, that I should get some wool covers and send them to my grandmother to fancy them up. She's got one of those high tech sewing machines that can embroider stuff. It's really cool. You'd laugh if you saw the sweatshirt she made me - it's a fish theme.

So I guess I have a question, if you had your covers embroidered or had something on them. Does it go all the way through, or does the WAHM embroider the cover and then sew an inner panel on the cover. Do I make sense at all? Maybe I should go and see someone's cover.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

blnony
09-29-2003, 10:26 PM
Lori-
you need to give us a crash course in kool aid dying. I've got a natural bumpy cover that could use a little sprucing up but I don't know how to do it!!

liya
09-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Sonia- Why don you buy the wool(i have a friend who is a wool PIMP :) ) and get your grandma to make them for you and put embroideries on them...That way you will make a wool cover for NOTHING!! Well Alot less than buying them thats for sure...

AngelaS
09-30-2003, 06:01 AM
I too am pretty happy with my stash, so I'm not on the hunt either. :) I thing G's starting to grow out of her diapers rise-wise tho, so I may be doing some sewing soon.... :D

egoldber
09-30-2003, 08:47 AM
I'm also pretty happy with my stash right now and not really looking at any diapers.

In fact, I have been toying with idea of getting rid of *GASP* all my fitteds and moving entirely to prefolds. Mind you, I haven't COMMITTED to this plan yet, just toying with it...

Kate888
09-30-2003, 10:19 AM
The embroidery on my 7th Heaven wool cover (2 layer wool flannel) did not go all the way through. I guess it would make the cover softer. It's so cool your grandmother has a fancy machine! :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Kate888
09-30-2003, 10:24 AM
I'm also very happy with my current stash and not looking at new diapers. Plus it's about time to do some shopping for the winter wardrobe ;) There is one thing I've been thinking about doing though...posting pictures of my stash on Shutterfly. That would be fun :D

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02