PDA

View Full Version : Which fabric for cloth wipes?

papal
09-30-2003, 04:41 PM
Hi everyone,
I was wondering what fabric you prefer for cloth wipes.

I ordered some from littlesprouts, they are a hemp-french-terry and seem quite nice and I have some from kissaluvs. I don't have any real life experience with them however as baby is not here yet!

I was planning to get atleast 2 doz more before baby arrives and thought I would just get some fabric from a store and cut it up.

Does anyone have any ideas what is the best fabric to use?

Thanks,
Rashmi (edd 10/19)

erzzie
09-30-2003, 05:10 PM
I have a bunch of wipes from www.darlingdiapers.com and I really like them. They're flannel on one side, and either velour, sherpa, or terry on the other. If I made them myself, I'd pick velour for one side, 100% cotton sherpa for the other side. The flannel prints fade quickly and look worn. I am sorta bothered by that LOL!

parkersmama
09-30-2003, 06:04 PM
I'm with Melinda...I love the ones from Darling Diapers. Velour is my hands-down favorite for wipes! It works so well that I often use only one wipe with a dirty diaper! Pretty good considering that I use about 4-5 disposables for the same job. :-)

egoldber
09-30-2003, 06:47 PM
Anything with texture works well (terry or velour for example).

I used cheap washcloths forever, and then when Darling Diapers announced she was selling her business I went crazy :) and replaced all my cheap wipes with her yummy velour ones. They really are incredibly nice wipes.

But my cheap washcloths worked just fine too. :)

MiaPia
09-30-2003, 10:23 PM
Another Darling Diaper wipe lover here! Velour is so awesome on wipes! I'm also partial to sherpa. My favorite wipes are actually a combination of the two, although I also have some flannel/sherpa ones that are nice too!

emmasmama
10-01-2003, 11:26 AM
Definitely velour for me too! Mostly because it holds up much better than everything else in the wash. I've been using my darling diaper wipes for 4 mos now and the velour ones look brand new, whereas the terry looks a little worn and the flannel ones look all faded and sad :(. I wash either every day or every other day pretty much, so the fact that the velour still looks new after close to 100 washings is a testament to how well it holds up!

heidi_timms
10-01-2003, 03:07 PM
I have a bunch from Darling diapers and smjae (not in business anymore). The velour is so amazing, I just love them. Sherpa is my second favorite and terry is my least favorite. I like them way better than disposable wipes and they do the job much better.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

papal
10-01-2003, 04:09 PM
Thanks for all your opinions everyone, I decided to go with the sherpa/velour combo and am getting some made at CosmicBabyShop at $12 for $12 including shipping.

http://www.cosmicbabyshop.com/extras.html

I will let you know how they work for us.

Thanks again,
Rashmi (edd 19 more days!)

mommyj
10-02-2003, 01:27 PM
2-sided velour wipes are my favorite. IMO the flannel ones fade too quickly and the sherpa wipes don't stay as soft as the velour.

Melanie
10-02-2003, 02:50 PM
I like velour on one side, then on the other: flannel, cotton fleece, hemp fleece or terry.

I do not like crushed velour/velvet, plain knit, or that stuff that Kissaluvs uses.