PDA

View Full Version : Leaving DHs ALONE w/the fluff - how does your dh do?

toomanystrollers
09-30-2003, 05:35 PM
I started back to work one day a week and last Wed. when I got home, ds was running around with ME sandy on & no cover :) Fortunately his clothes were still dry (thumbs up to ME's).

I have to work tommorow and I'm thinking of hiding my wool covers :) I showed DH what the SP covers look like and not to put them in the pail. Somehow I don't think it sank in.

Our littliest one hangs out w/Gramma while I'm at work. She loves Neve's cute fitted dipes. She had a diaper service when I was a wee one so she's an old pro.

So, is your fluff safe at home in DH's hands?

egoldber
09-30-2003, 06:48 PM
My DH can only use AIOs or disposables. But he is particularly challenged. Not to mention unobservant about ANYTHING related to fabric! :)

KathyO
09-30-2003, 07:43 PM
DH is a youngest child, and so had NO experience with dipes of any kind. He took quite readily to the ME Sandy's, will even run a diaper laundry load on his own, and now enjoys dropping comments to his friends about how easy and cheap CDing is, and how he can't believe anyone would pay for disposables...

I picked up a pack of disposables the other day in case we have to ship DD off to the neighbours for a day or so when baby #2 arrives. DH held one up and quite seriously asked, "So, does this need a cover??"

So I guess you gotta hit 'em before they learn about the alternatives!

Cheers,

KathyO

smkinc
09-30-2003, 09:04 PM
DH watches DS while I work 3 days/week. In the four weeks since I've been back to work (12 days). I've come home 3 times KL with no cover, once a cloth baby AIO on inside out, once with the KL and stacinator cover on inside out, and twice in sposies. So, while the track record hasn't been perfect ;), he is using the cloth. To get around the what goes in the diaper pail and what doesn't, he just stacks everything on top and waits for me to get home.

Mary (Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03)

AngelaS
09-30-2003, 09:48 PM
My dh is good at taking off a cloth diaper, any style and replacing it with a disposable. :)

What can I say, I'm doing this alone...... LOL

MiaPia
09-30-2003, 10:29 PM
My DH does GREAT with the cloth! He even knows how to use the snappi! He knows to keep the wool separate from the rest, and even knows how to do diaper laundry do *my* rigid specifications! LOL
Although I do have to admit that about 90% of the time when he's changing a diaper he reaches for a FB - he likes those best!

em_jon98
09-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Jon likes to use prefolds, a snappi, and ONE cover. He will ONLY use a prefold, and uses the same cover all day, every change unless it gets poopies on it.

He does interesting things to fitteds and AIO's. I have taken most of the fitteds off backwards (how does he get them snapped like that?) He usually puts a prefold on, snappis it, and then puts an AIO over top if he needs to use a different cover (even thought there are extra covers folded next to the prefolds).

We have come to an understanding about the dipes. He does want he wants, and I am just happy that he doesn't put disposables on her. But, I do have to say that if we had any, I would probably hide the wool from him. He is still a boy...:)

lizajane
10-01-2003, 11:30 AM
well i have to brag about my dh. he loves our cds. we only use prefolds and proraps. he gets a trim fit with the cpf everytime, without the snappi. he doesn't need fitted or contours. and when he saw the infant sized when i first got them to stuff FB, he said "we have got to get some of these for the next kid!" (we used MY old cds in the beginning, until he was big enough for standard size) dh is SO on board with the CDs!!

blnony
10-01-2003, 12:00 PM
Fortunately, my DH does pretty well with CDs.
We had a few mishaps along the way but he's got it down pretty good now.
I think I just kept on about it until I drilled it into him.
Once he completely double diapered Audrey, it was hilarious. He had a prefold folded and put into a AIO. Needless to say she was dry but looked like humpty dumpty. :D
I also have everything ready to go for him, all he has to do is snap on. I have all the soakers snaped in and liners already placed and they are in seperate drawers from the covers, so he just takes out a diaper, snaps it on, and takes a cover, snaps it on.
But he even knows the difference in the wool now, which ones are fuz, which are SP etc. He's kind of been bitten by the wool bug too! (I LOVE IT!!!!) :)
Edited to add: I'm also very lucky that he isn't shy about cleaning them either. Once I got the mini-shower, he washes off the poop, puts on Zout and knows exactly where everything goes. (Before the MiniShower- he put it in a trashbag and left it in the bathroom for me!! I had to nip that in the bud pretty fast :) )

mamahill
10-01-2003, 04:43 PM
LOL - DH wouldn't know the first step to doing the diaper laundry, but he knows how to use the prefolds, snappis, fitted covers, ME Airflows, fuzzibunz, aios, fitted diapers, etc. Every now and then he forgets a fleece liner, but then he diligently swishes the dipe in the toilet.

Me: You don't have to do that. Anything that doesn't fall off will come off in the wash.
Him: I know, but I don't mind doing this.
Me: You don't? But it's gross!
Him: Yeah, but it makes me feel more daddish.

Awww - I could have jumped him right there. Except that he was swishing one nasty diaper...

mommyj
10-01-2003, 05:36 PM
DH is a regular cd expert. He did all the changes the first week while I was recovering from my cesarean, and he still does all the changes when he's home. He uses the ucpf's with a snappi, and then whisper pants or a Bumpy wool cover over that.
He even tried to convince some of our friends to try cd'ing. So, my fluff is safe in his hands :)

Momof3Labs
10-01-2003, 07:25 PM
DH and I share childcare (we both work full time, but on different schedules) and he's doing very well with cloth. He even agrees that it was a good idea to switch! And he's done diaper laundry successfully a couple of times (it was hard to trust him considering how awful his laundry skills are).

But when we run out of disposable liners - that's a bad thing. For some reason, that makes a huge difference for him (even though we never swish)!

toomanystrollers
10-01-2003, 07:33 PM
Daddys are just plain funny :) Well, I got home today and my wool was safe, DS was dry, but OMG you should have seen what our almost 5 yo dd wore to preschool and then at soccer, she wore a black velvet dress under her team t-shirt. DH just smiled and said he doesn't want to stifle her creativity.