PDA

View Full Version : What should I get next??

pritchettzoo
10-01-2003, 02:32 PM
We have had a successful 10+ days of CDing. Yay! DH is now fully on board and my giant newborn (10+ lbs) does not fit in the newborn Proraps. She's still fine with the smalls, but we only have 5 and need to get some more covers of some type. I have a dozen Kissaluvs and some prefolds, and we need covers to keep in BF poop. I have ZERO brain power at this point and would love some more guidance from you experts!

Thanks!!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

egoldber
10-01-2003, 03:12 PM
If you like Proraps and they work, why not stick with them?

If you want to explore, then many people rave about Bumpy covers (although I have not tried them). I also like Bumkins covers (they run much smaller than Proraps though). Bummis also get good reviews, but I like them the least of wrap styles I have tried.

HTH,

parkersmama
10-01-2003, 03:15 PM
My personal favorite for covers is the Bumpy Day. They are similar to the Proraps in styling but the velcro area is wider and better and the outer material is ultra soft compared to the Proraps. The smalls fit a fairly wide size range and Amy Grace can still wear them at 14+ lbs. They work great over kissaluvs and prefolds for me. Also, they are great at holding in the BF poop. Congrats on your new addition by the way!!

mamahill
10-01-2003, 04:39 PM
Have you tried Motherease Airflows? I am so in love with mine. How sad is it that I feel such a swell of pride whenever I use them? Like Beth said, though, I'd stick with the proraps as well. I used those first, and loved them, and have since tried the Bummis and Bumkins, but prefer the proraps when it comes to fitted covers. They're just so dang economical and functional! I'd recommend getting the Motherease sampler, though - the Airflows are fantastic.

Oh, and congrats on the cd-ing!

lizajane
10-01-2003, 05:30 PM
i can help you on the giant baby issue... ds wore small proraps until about 8 weeks before going up to mediums. he is now 6 months, 20 lbs and 29 inches tall and the mediums are STILL roomy. so don't worry. she may grow out of the smalls quickly, but the mediums will last forever!

try folding the prefold a different way to keep in more poop. are you doing a trifold and laying it in the cover? there are folding instructions on lots of the sites that sell diapers. the trifold NEVER keeps poop in for us! but the prorap usually keeps it from getting it on his clothes. there is just poop on the cover itself sometimes.

mommyj
10-01-2003, 05:32 PM
Congratulations on your baby!!
I third the suggestion to get more Proraps if you like them. If you want to try a pull on cover, you can try Bummis whisper pants. They have worked great for us so far, and I think they keep ds cooler than the PUL covers do, but that's just my little take on things. They work great with fitteds and cpf's with a snappi. They also tend to fit longer than some of the other covers, and they are great for containing BF poo.

toomanystrollers
10-01-2003, 07:50 PM
Hi Anna,
Congrats on your big girl! My dd was also toddler size at birth as well :) (10lbs. , 23" )

FWIW,
Neve is 12 weeks old now, around 14.5 lbs, and she still fits into her small proraps w/a cpf but for her fitteds, I bump her up into a med. prorap.

I also have some med. covers in cute girly prints from sugarbums.com but she still doesn't quite fit into them yet.

Rubisca
10-02-2003, 08:18 AM
Anna:
It is exciting to see you so enthusiastic abou CD-ing... my baby's due in two weeks and I am simultaneously excited and anxious about beginning to CD. We have a few newborn Proraps but if we have a small baby (I am measuring pretty small) I may want to get a few more. It'll be a few weeks before I know, but perhaps I would be interested in buying the Proraps that Gracie has already outgrown... if you'd be interested in selling. Let me know if you think you might be!

Robin
EDD 10/17/03

lizajane
10-02-2003, 09:22 AM
robin-
watch out! i measured 2 cm small throughout my pregnancy, and still
1 cm small at 37 weeks... my son was born 8 days early, 9lbs 9 1/2 oz and 22 inches!!!

Rubisca
10-02-2003, 02:10 PM
Yikes! That's a big baby! Well, two weeks ago at my 36-week sonogram they estimated the baby's size at 5 pounds 10 ounces, but of course that was just an estimate... I just hope my little one can wear all the brand new NB diaper covers for more than a few weeks! Maybe soon *I'll* be the one trying to figure out what size to buy next!

(Interesting, though-- I noticed that the NB Proraps are MUCH smaller than the NB Bumms SIWWs.)

Robin
EDD 10/17/03

Melanie
10-02-2003, 02:53 PM
If you are going with PUL/Nylon covers, I like Motherease Rikki Wraps or Airflow covers. If you want a cute factor, I like www.countrycuttins.com covers (mine are knit over pul). If you want to try a wool cover w/out breaking the bank, then how about www.patchworkpixie.com or www.sugarpeas.com?