PDA

View Full Version : Disposible question from CD user

Avens
10-03-2003, 01:16 PM
Hi,

I have a very small two month old son (he just reached 6 pounds). He was born 4 weeks early and is insisting on gaining weight at his own happy little pace. Anyhow, I am using a diaper service and really like it. I never have any problems with leaks with the cloth diapers but the few times I have put my DS in disposables they always leak. I will be visiting my parents for 4 days this month and I don't want haul all the cloth diapers with me so I was wondering if anyone could suggest which disposables (brand and size) would be best for my little guy.

egoldber
10-03-2003, 01:39 PM
Which disposables have you tried?

For a 6 pound baby, I would definitely recommend using the Newborn size. If those are too large, then maybe try a Preemie size. These are harder to find, but you can usually find them at BRU.

Edited to fix an error. :)

HTH,

liya
10-03-2003, 02:12 PM
I found my newborn size to swallow my son and he was 6pds when we got from the hospital. they were HUGE and the leaks..yikes..I tried the pampers premiee from BRU and they worked out awsome till he got closer to 7pds..

millerpjm
10-03-2003, 02:30 PM
My DS was 6'8" when he was born and I used Pampers Swaddler newborns. I then tried a pkg of Huggies newborn because the sample I was sent in the mail seemed smaller than Pampers. Well, they were smaller but they LEAKED! A lot. So, I preferred the Pampers newborn (which we ended up having to buy about 4-5 pkgs before he was big enough to wear size 1's. Just my 2 cents...

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas 2-3-03

C99
10-03-2003, 06:43 PM
My son came home from the hospital at 5 lbs, 8 oz (born at 5lbs, 12 oz) and he wore the Pampers newborns or Pampers size 1 while he was in disposables (including his 8 days in the NICU). As with cloth, I think disposable diaper sizing depends largely on the shape of your baby.

lizajane
10-03-2003, 10:34 PM
can't add any advice about small babies, but just wanted to second the comment that brands work differently for differently shaped babies. if you are using pampers, try huggies or vice versa.