PDA

View Full Version : Huggies--- is it just me?

Jen841
10-06-2003, 08:06 AM
I feel like DS smells like urine when wearing these diapers. I had forgotten this and bought a big package Friday (it was on sale). All weekend I thought he smelled, and now I have DH thinking it too. I think we are going to need to go back to our Walmart White Cloud diapers!

Jen841
10-06-2003, 08:06 AM
I feel like DS smells like urine when wearing these diapers. I had forgotten this and bought a big package Friday (it was on sale). All weekend I thought he smelled, and now I have DH thinking it too. I think we are going to need to go back to our Walmart White Cloud diapers!

KimberleyDawn
10-06-2003, 09:14 AM
NO!!! We have the same problem and don't use Huggies because of it. I like Huggies Ultra Thins in every other way but the potty smelly baby keeps me from buying them.
Kim

KimberleyDawn
10-06-2003, 09:14 AM
NO!!! We have the same problem and don't use Huggies because of it. I like Huggies Ultra Thins in every other way but the potty smelly baby keeps me from buying them.
Kim

Momof3Labs
10-06-2003, 09:22 AM
Yep, Huggies stink! Pampers are perfume-y and Huggies smell like urine. Some choice, huh?

Momof3Labs
10-06-2003, 09:22 AM
Yep, Huggies stink! Pampers are perfume-y and Huggies smell like urine. Some choice, huh?

Jen841
10-06-2003, 10:34 AM
I am glad I am not imagining it!

By the way, we HATE their wipes too. They never pop up well. We LOVE the Kirkland brand at Costco.

Sorry to say it, but the Huggie diapers and wipes are going to daycare to get used up quicker than they would at home. DH is refusing to use the wipes right now.

Here I thought I was doing a good thing spending more and getting the name brand.

Jen841
10-06-2003, 10:34 AM
I am glad I am not imagining it!

By the way, we HATE their wipes too. They never pop up well. We LOVE the Kirkland brand at Costco.

Sorry to say it, but the Huggie diapers and wipes are going to daycare to get used up quicker than they would at home. DH is refusing to use the wipes right now.

Here I thought I was doing a good thing spending more and getting the name brand.

RiaHannam
10-06-2003, 10:52 AM
Yes Huggies do have a funky smell to them! New they smell like nothing (whereas Pampers are definitely scented) but when they pee they do go downhill......

White Clouds and other store brands are usually scent free. I like the BRU/TRU supremes too. Oh another thing that annoys me with Huggies is the gel beads. Seems they leak the most compared to other brands.

I was a true believer in their unscented natural wipes too - till I tried the costco kirkland ones... now I'm hooked on those!! I also like the 7th Generation wipes too. I use cloth wipes at home though - they have the most cleaning power!

Maria

Tondi G
10-06-2003, 06:49 PM
well I suppose the Huggies are unscented thats why they smell like Urine when the kiddos pee in them!!! I couldn't stand the way pampers smelled so we stuck with Huggies!!! Until recently we've been more than happy with Huggies then we bought two LARGE packs of Ultratrims (size 6) and they were funky!!! The back side was hard and when you bent them up a little in an attempt to soften them up they cracked and were sharp and poked my son!!! I wrote to the company and recieved coupons for 11 bucks off and bought Supremes with them.... now the supremes have solved my problem as they are VERY soft but now my son is breaking out from them on his sides!!!UUGH!!!! I can't wait for him to potty train! Do the Pampers Cruisers have the same smell as the baby dry???

~Tondi, Mason(2) and #2 edd 6/6/04!

KMommie
10-06-2003, 06:57 PM
Phew! I hear ya! We used Huggies exclusively in the beginning and DD's diaper could knock me over in the morning! Then we started having gel issues with the Ultratrims, so I switched to Supremes and ended up with a weird rash. I switched over to Swaddlers and haven't looked back. When we first started using the Swaddlers/Cruisers, the perfume seemed pretty intense, but I open up a whole package at a time and put them in a drawer, and they seem to air out. We don't really smell the perfume at all anymore, only when we open a new package. I can't remember if they smell different from the Baby Dry, but I know the Baby Dry's gave me a headache originally.

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

KimberleyDawn
10-06-2003, 07:48 PM
I found that Baby Dry had a stronger scent than the Cruisers and I agree with Jeannie, if you take them out of the pack or tear the package open they're fine. To me the strong perfume smell is way better than the alternative (lol)!
Kim

Melanie
10-07-2003, 12:06 AM
If they smell like urine, baby probably is wet and needing a change. I never like the pamper's babydry perfumey smell, but I think the cruisers didn't have it.

heidi_timms
10-07-2003, 01:23 PM
Huggies seemed to wick wetness into all of DD's clothes. She always seemed wet for some reason, even after a short period of time. Also, we had the strong urine smell as well. I just went back to Pampers now.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03