PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I'm in the cult

stillplayswithbarbies
10-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Logan is wearing her first CD! It's a Bumkins AIO with a fleece liner that I made myself, thanks to Beth's instructions. The only fleece on the clearance rack was a bright orange, like hunter safety orange. I wasn't going to get it, but hubby said "um, dear, it's for her to poop on, who cares what color it is". (I had told him I was looking for something vaguely poop colored.) :) So just in case she finds herself in the woods in deer season, her butt is safe.

So, there she is, in her first cloth diaper, and we are all sitting around watching her, waiting for her to pee.

She better not poop in it since I don't have a diaper pail yet. No Target around here and WalMart didn't carry anything close to a Stearlite 28 qt step-on trash can.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

pritchettzoo
10-06-2003, 06:54 PM
LOL at her safety butt! Maybe you should post the idea in the safety section of the boards??

NO TARGET? Oh how horrible! DH & I would be practically naked without Target!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

egoldber
10-06-2003, 07:02 PM
So is there a picture to commemorate the occasion????????

stillplayswithbarbies
10-06-2003, 07:13 PM
unfortunately, we lent the digital camera to a friend, so I'll have to take a pic tomorrow. Or when the "real" cloth diapers get here. It will be a picture of her first cute cloth diaper, this one is kinda plain.

She's sound asleep on daddy's lap, so I guess he has faith that this thing is not going to leak. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

mommyj
10-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Welcome to the cult *lol* I hope you enjoy it as much as I have been since ds was born. I don't know why it's so addictive, but it is.

toomanystrollers
10-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the fluffy side of life!
Watchout, this board can be bad on the wallet :)
Two years ago, I collected strollers and now I'm collecting diapers and slings!

mamahill
10-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Welcome! LOL at Logan's safety butt. Ainsleigh's liners are maroon, and more than one person has said, "What the?" no, she hasn't started her cycle yet... Has anyone taught you the dance we do around the washing machine?:D

liya
10-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Welcome *mischevious grin* you will have a grand ol time here...LOL COngrats on the saftey butt...;)

AngelaS
10-07-2003, 05:45 AM
ROTFL! G's liners have Bob and Larry from Veggie Tales on them. I feel kinda bad when they get pooped on.....

Welcome to the cult.....when do we get to initate her?? Oh, wait, she gets that the first time she drops a poopy diaper on the way to the toilet, right?? :D

lizajane
10-07-2003, 08:31 AM
"we are all sitting around watching her, waiting for her to pee."

LOL!!!

schuyler has liners with brightly colored flowers. very masculine. but he also has liners with baseball mitts. i actually prefer the flowers... at least they don't make him feel like has to play sports to be a man! and a girly bug print, and a heinous yellow...

nitaghei
10-07-2003, 09:04 AM
Well, Neel's liners have a palm tree print - since that was on clearance, at half the price of the other microfleece.

BTW - do you have a Value City store close by? I found a Rubbermaid bin with a flip top (push the tab with your hand to open) there for $6.99. It's big enough to hold 2 days of CDs, and my liner fits it perfectly.

Nita

stillplayswithbarbies
10-07-2003, 02:19 PM
here is the funniest part - she didn't even pee in it! At bedtime, she was still dry! I took it off and put a disposable on for the night. (I'm not brave enough to try a CD at night yet). So it is sitting on the dresser waiting to go back on her tonight after work. That's not gross is it, putting an "unused" diaper back on her?

If I feel brave enough, I'll put it on her to go to La Leche tonight, but I'm taking Pampers as a backup!

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03