PDA

View Full Version : soakers - what kind and why?

stillplayswithbarbies
10-09-2003, 12:18 PM
I won a diaper on eBay, it's a fitted diaper, and first I had to choose the color and the size, and then I had to choose velcro or snaps, and then she asked what kind of soaker I wanted. The choices are internal sewn in, external sewn in, snap in, or lay in.

What are the advantages of each kind? I chose the snap in because I figured I will never be able to keep the right soaker with the right diaper if it is not snapped to it.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Kate888
10-09-2003, 12:45 PM
Internal sewn in soakers (like SOS) take longer to dry, but the advantage is that you don't have to "assemble" it out of the dryer. External sewn in/snap in/lay in are usually quick dry.

Personally, I like internal sewn in, external sewn in and snap in soakers the best. However, with snap-in soakers, you may still want to unsnap it when you do the laundry, because the snap may get damaged from all the agitation during the wash (lots of stress on the snap if the soaker is still snapped).

HTH :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

blnony
10-09-2003, 01:27 PM
I agree with Kate. I have different diapers with different soakers that I like. Like my Cloud 9 Softies are sewn in, and they take longer to dry, but are a great napping diaper or overnight diaper and still are pretty trim. I have a few with sewn in externals which are kind of my favorite. No hassle to snap stuff in and out and they are quick dry. And some say that external soakers wash better too. I don't know if I've really ever experienced that though. My SPs and some others are snap in, which I do like too (for the quick dry and good fit and usually are pretty trim, but I'm not a lay in soaker person, they tend to move around and not stay in place very well.

parkersmama
10-09-2003, 03:37 PM
Me, too. I like snap-in or external sewn-in the best. I hate lay in soakers...they never seem to stay in place. Internal soakers take a looonnnngggg time to dry in my dryer.

Melanie
10-09-2003, 04:54 PM
I like snap-in!

Mommy to Jonah

liya
10-09-2003, 06:58 PM
Snap in...They dry faster and IMHO are more hygenic....LOL i think for me its the deal of all the fabrics in there are thorough washing...:)