PDA

View Full Version : Covers: Proraps vs. diaperaps vs. litewraps??? Opinions please

www.splendidbrides.com
10-10-2003, 12:29 PM
Hi ladies!

I am expecting baby #1 in Feb 2004 and am interested in CD'ing with DSQ's and covers. I have heard positive things about proraps, diaperaps and litewraps, but would like some more input on any experiences you have had with these covers, b/c I can't decide which ones I should go with. Also, if you have any tips on the best sites to order these from with reasonable prices, I'd appreciate that. I live in the midwest, so would prefer to order from a dealer located in the US, since it will cut down on shipping costs. TIA!

egoldber
10-10-2003, 01:57 PM
Of the brands you mentioned I have only tried Proraps. I find that they work well for us, but it will all depend on how they fit your baby.

My favorite places to order from are naturalbabies.com and smartiepantsdiapers.com. Both have fixed price shipping, which is important when ordering prefolds!

HTH,

lizajane
10-10-2003, 03:01 PM
another vote for proraps and naturalbabies.com.
but i haven't even heard of the other covers, so i can't compare.

AngelaS
10-10-2003, 04:03 PM
I've used ProRaps and LiteWraps. ProRaps win, hands down. The velcro sticks WAAAY better, they're trimmer fitting (LiteWraps run HUGE!) and ProRaps don't wick wetness like the LW. :)

RiaHannam
10-10-2003, 07:15 PM
Well I've tried them all. Proraps are a great cover, especially for newborns. Diaperaps are great too - I haven't used them in years but loved them when I had them. They are stiffer than proraps though. Litewraps do run huge but are a nice full cut cover and are very inexpensive.

I'd go ahead and order 2 of each in nb size then go from there. One thing though... I had problems with proraps in the small size... just couldn't get a great fit on ds with them.

Congrats on expecting your first baby! How exciting!

Maria (and baby Taggert, almost 5 mos!)

www.splendidbrides.com
10-11-2003, 03:52 PM
Thanks ladies for all of your advice! I think I will stick with the proraps and try a few diaperaps.