PDA

View Full Version : pre-washing cd stash

jec2
10-10-2003, 07:54 PM
So, I know I need to pre-wash the CPF's. I am guessing I do so as well with my Kissaluvs, Motherease OS, Sugarpeas and Fuzzibunz. However, do I need to prewash my covers? I have Bummies, Proraps, Stacinator fleece, and SP wool.

Thanks so much,

parkersmama
10-10-2003, 09:16 PM
You definitely need to wash the Kissaluvs, ME, and Sugarpeas about 3 times each. This means wash on hot and dry on high, repeat, repeat. This will help them to reach maximum absorbancy. The Fuzzibunz and covers can be washed just once before being used. I don't dry covers...hang to dry. Repeated exposure to the heat in the dryer tends to break the PUL down and not make them waterproof anymore. I seem to remember that the FB are supposed to be dried the first time in the dryer to seal the PUL but I can't remember for certain. The fleece cover can be dried every time since the dryer will have no affect on it. I think you need to handwash and airdry the Sugarpeas wool. Mine came with instructions...did yours? If not, let me know and I'll copy them to you! HTH!

liya
10-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Dry the FBs for the first time in the dryer to help seal the PUL..Some say 30min some say 60min...I go for when its dry..LOL

jec2
10-11-2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks so much! I did get the SP washing instructions too, but just didn't know if that meant I needed to prewash them or not.

thanks again