PDA

View Full Version : Pull-ups? Good, bad? When?

deborah_r
10-11-2003, 02:20 PM
I have coupons for Pullups that don't expire until April 03. When do babies start using these? Are they a good thing or bad thing for potty training?

I thought even if I do get cloth diapering going, I still might want these for certain situations. But I also don't know how long I can store them before using them.

parkersmama
10-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Most people do not use pull-ups until the child starts using the potty at least some (maybe around age 2). They are basically disposable underwear and do not hold as much as a regular diaper does. We have used them off and on but I honestly do not think they are very good for potty training. They are best used for a circumstance when it would be really bad for your child to have an accident (at church or school maybe). Otherwise, I think they are expensive and don't help the child get any further toward potty training since they work essentially like a diaper. As far as I know they will keep endlessly. If I were you, I'd use the money for other things now and buy pull-ups later if you need them. The coupons for them are always plentiful!

pritchettzoo
10-11-2003, 06:33 PM
Hasn't April 03 already happened?? ;-)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

deborah_r
10-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Yes, indeed, it has!!! Meant "04"

Hey, shouldn't your case of mommy-brain be worse than mine, considering you have a 3.5 week old and I have a 4.5 MONTH old??? :)

pritchettzoo
10-11-2003, 09:01 PM
I thought it got worse with time! I hope it improves with more sleep...

I found a coupon a couple of months ago for a restaurant we'd been wanting to try and I was so excited. DH said, "Umm...honey, this expired." I argued with him. Of course, it had expired in 2001!

P.S. I hope you weren't offended by my post! I couldn't resist, and I hope you know it was totally good-natured!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Momof3Labs
10-11-2003, 10:30 PM
These coupons are a dime a dozen - I've thrown away quite a few (even tried to give them away - no one wants them) in the past several months. I would say pitch them and wait until you are closer to potty training to buy them!