PDA

View Full Version : Poop in CD's...

daisymommy
10-11-2003, 09:23 PM
I should have asked this with my first post, but I forgot. One thing I'm really terrified of with using CDs is Joshua's runny poop (sorry--I know that's gross!). He is almost 14 months old, and more than half the time it's runny. it soaks into a disposable just fine, and it's not diahreah or anything, but it's definetly not solid that could just be "plopped off" of a diaper or liner. It would be all soaked into a cloth diaper. How would I handle that ? Wouldn't that be an awful lot of poopy swishing around in my washing machine? I feel like gaging just thinking about it! eeewww! :*

liya
10-11-2003, 09:41 PM
Nope Amy...There is this nifty thing called the minishower....LOL that you just spray the poop off in your toilet and then dump the diaper in the diaper pail...Alsoo there are these cool things called disposable liners(which im going to give a try next cause the poop is outrageous...:) ) that you can just flush away...

I love my minishower though....I spray and the poop just wipes away...Also if you use some micro fleece liners poop just rolls off even if its not solid...They are super nice...I just turn on the minishower spray and the poop goes bye bye...

toomanystrollers
10-11-2003, 09:43 PM
Amy,
My 2 yo ds eats everything!!! His poop changes consistency on a daily basis. My advice - invest in a mini shower (@$35). It's a powerful little water sprayer that attaches to the water intake hose on the side of your toilet - very easy to hook up. My mini shower blasts everything off his dipes. You can also use fleece liners w/your dipes. I tried the rice paper liners but I thought they were a pain in the rear.

Don't fear the fluff,

mommyj
10-12-2003, 12:15 PM
I third the minishower sugestion. DS poos so much I'd probably go nuts if I didn't have one. Also, if you don't want to toucha poopy diaper while you spray it, you can always use gloves. I don't, but DH recently started wearing gloves. He's more of a clean freak than I am, though.

daisymommy
10-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Hmmm...a mini shower huh? I'm feeling better already :) When you use the micorfleece liners and wash them off, do you just hold them in your hand and spray them off into the toilet? How much poo gets on your hands this way? Any good place you recommend for a minishower? And has there already been a post concerning making your own fleece liners (as it seems most of you have done this). Thanks!

mommyj
10-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Colleen at naturalbabies has the minishower, so you can just order it if you order dipes from her. She has a flat rate of $3.95 for shipping. I bought mine directly from the company, but I think it was more expensive that way...I just didn't find it anywhere else when I needed it. I think naturalebaby might have it too, but her shipping is slightly more expensive.
I hardly ever use fleece liners any more, but when I do, I just hold them in the dipe and spray them off together. I really don't get much, if any, poo on my hands at all.
I think there are several old threads on making fleece liners. I think most moms just buy some cheap fleece and cut them. I decided to splurge and get Malden Mills microfleece from www.onestopdiapershop.com. I used a joueybunz as the pattern and cut 36 liners from the fleece I bought. You don't need to sew the edges or anything. The only thing to pay attention to when you're buying fleece is to make sure you don't buy the waterproof kind (for Malden Mills, I bought the microfleece. The windpro is the waterproof kind).
One other thing I would recommend (I'm not sure if someone else has already recommended this) is to try cloth wipes when you try cd'ing. You can just use some really cheap baby washcloths at first. I think it's much easier to wash everything together. I usually don't rinse off the wipes unless they have poo all over them. I just throw them in the pail and wash them with the dipes. I got some really cute wipes from www.darlingdiapers.com that I love. The 2 sided velour ones are my favorite, but the ones with flannel on one side are cute too.
I think the main thing with cloth is to just go ahead and try it. When I was doing research before ds was born, it seemed kind of overwhelming, but once we brought him home from the hospital and tried it, we were hooked.
HTH!