PDA

View Full Version : Applique fleece covers!!! -

mama2be
10-12-2003, 10:13 AM
I was wondering if anyone could give me a run down on fleece covers.
Sarah from Wooleybumbums has taught her sister how to applique, but she is doing exclusive wool covers. Sarah emailed me these two that are EBAY and I think they are adroable and very reasonable, but I know nothing aobut fleece covers.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=busymamas&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1

This is her SISTER's site: http://www.geocities.com/abbyscozys/
according to Sarah she is known for aromatherapy pillows, and these cute little bye bye boo boo pillows. They are reuseable heating or cooling packs, and she makes them look like band aides with different prints ect, and does custom applique on fleece hats.

But I do like the applique on those fleece covers...can anyone share info!!!

Thanks

Momof3Labs
10-12-2003, 10:23 AM
Neve,

I have one fleece cover from SugarPeas and one more on the way. I like it - as long as Colin's diaper doesn't get soaked, it keeps his clothes dry. And they seem nice and snuggly for winter! Ours have a touch of stretch, too, which is nice for getting a good fit around the diaper.

But I recently bought a fleece pull-on cover from a different seller and was very disappointed in it. I would suggest that you find out what weight fleece they use (that can make the cover very bulky) and how it looks on a child - ask for a photo of one of their covers on a babe. Pull-on covers, I'm told, can be very poufy and bulky. Ours is poufy and bulky beyond belief - Colin didn't even like wearing it (and he never has had an opinion on a diapering item).

It does look like she does nice applique work, though, and the price is right!

liya
10-12-2003, 01:19 PM
I dont like fleece covers...Arian soakes through the diaper and the fleece cover begins to sweat...So i would suggest that if your son is a very heavy pee machine not to get the fleece IMHO..Also keep in mind the weight of the fleece...To be a great great fleece cover it has to be windpro..

HTH